Question about GE Televison & Video
Set-up (Programming) procedure is too much to type in here, and is not practical and it will differ brand-to-brand remote controls. If you wish to get more; check the sites linked here. The site has set-up code list & set-up procedure to many popular brand remote controls. The site has general set-up codes to check with TVs and other devices are given, in the order of the 'device's brand name list' in alphabetical order. Set-up code list to many brand remote controls also is given. Pull up older posts. Search the sites by type in the brand name to your device in its search box at the top right part of the display window. It will help you to find the document easily.
• If your device does not respond to the remote after trying all codes listed or your brand is not listed in the code list, use the Auto Code Search method to program your remote.
• Sometimes the first code that "works" with your device may operate only a few functions of your device. There may be another code in the code list that performs more functions. Try other codes from the code list for more functionality.
This is a trial and error procedure; and quiet time consuming. You might have to check different codes said for your device.
Search the site by type in the "brand name" to your device; in the "Search box at the top right of the display window" to get gathered related posts.
Posted on Oct 01, 2016
Try this link and select the RCR451 and try the codes for it, if they do not work try the one for the RCR 460 one. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the word next, click it and you should see the 460 on the bottom left.
Posted on May 30, 2009
These are the steps on how to program your GE Universal Remote Control without the list of codes.
1. Manually turn on the device to be
2. Press and hold the SETUP button until the red indicator stays on, then release the SETUP button.
3. Press and quickly release the desired device button. The red indicator blinks off once.
4. Press the ON•OFF button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the device to be controlled turns off. The red indicator blinks off with each button press.
Note: Code Search starts from the currently stored four digit number under that mode. Sometimes the
first code that “works” with your device may only
allow limited functionality (e.g. the MENU button
might not work). There may be a code that performs
more functions. Continue the code search process
until the best code is found.
5. Press and release ENTER to install the code.
Posted on Jun 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!