If you remember the password of your iPad, it's would be easy. However, you can still refer to below steps to unlock an iPad without password.
It is a good habit to have your iPad backed up regularly. In case of your iPad is locked, disabled or being stolen, you can easily recover your data from it. Otherwise, you'll lose all the data. To unlock iPad screen without password or to unlock disabled iPad mean you have to remove your previous pass code and restore your iPad. Here we introduce three methods which you can follow.
Method One: How to unlock iPad without password using iTunes
Method Two: How to unlock iPad screen without password with iCloud
- 1. Connect iPad to the computer you have synced with.
- 2. Open iTunes on your computer and connect it with your iPad. If fortunate, you can enter the iTunes without password. But in most cases, there would be prompt asking for a pass code. Try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode. (The recovery mode will be mentioned in method three.)
- 3. Find your iPad in summary and make a manual backup. Once the backup have finished, click Restore your iPad with the most relevant back-up.
You can also use iCloud to remove your password and recover your data if you have backed up before it was locked. And it is in the premise that you have set up Find My iPhone on your iPad, and you did remember your Apple ID, you can use iCloud to unlock your iPad.
Method Three: How to unlock a disabled iPad in recovery mode?
- 1. Open your laptop or computer, go to icloud.com/find or open the iCloud app.
- 2. If the sign-in window pops up, just sign in with your Apple ID.
- 3. There's an All Devices button at the top-left of the window, click on it to call out a drop-down menu and choose your iOS device.
- 4. Click Erase (your device) in the prompt to finalize the process.
- 5. Now you can either recovery data to your device from a backup or set up as new if there isn't any back-up before.
If you've neither synced with iTunes nor set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to wipe your iPad to factory setting to remove the password, which means you'll suffer losing all your data on iPad and get it as a new one.
Please pay attention there is a slight difference in putting different models of iPad into recovery mode.
iPad mini/iPad pro
- 1. Turn off your iPad Air, press and hold the Home button.
- 2. While holding the Home key, connect the USB cable to the device. Wait until the Apple logo appears and keep holding the Home button for few more seconds.
- 3. Continue holding the Home button until the iTunes logo appears.
- 1. Connect your iPad to your computer or laptop and open iTunes.
- 2. While your device is connected, force to restart it.
- 3. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
Now you have entered the recovery mode, and
1. When you see the option to Restore and Update, click it.
For more details, check: How to Unlock iPad