Question about Microwave Ovens
Electrically made popping noises, smelled and pushed out some smoke, did not heat food. Later, on a 4 minute water boiling test, 3&1/2 minutes into it water was hot BUT it blew circuit breaker for wall outlet, now micro is DEAD, could it be simply the control panel CB?
You have a short it could be anything would need to be diagnosed and dont plug back in and try to use again potential fire hazard --compare replacement cost to repair cost
Posted on Sep 09, 2016
Testimonial: "thanks John, all feedback is appreciated"
Tips for a great answer:
Either you have defected (weak) circuit breaker and wiring or bad Microwave oven.
The 99.99 % house hold Microwave ovens pull less than 15 Amps. They may have internal ceramic 15A fuse or 15 Amp internal circuit breaker.
To isolate your problem:
Plug your Microwave oven to different areas (different electrical circuit) if the different circuit breaker still trips... your Microwave oven has a short - Most of them has a small ceramic fuse 15 amps fuse.-also check some inter lock switches at door .
If the Microwave oven works Ok then you may have:
2a. You may overload the existing electrical circuit, try to unplug some other appliances
2b. You may have bad electrical outlet receptacle (Replace it with the same type , - may need helps from licensed electrician)
2c. Weak or defect house hold circuit breaker. (Replace it with the same type , brand - may need helps from licensed electrician)
Jan 24, 2014 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
Aug 31, 2008 | Sharp R-510HW Microwave Oven
Oct 05, 2011 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens
Apr 27, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 24, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Feb 14, 2010 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven
Apr 23, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 21, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Apr 02, 2009 | Kenmore 63682 / 63684 / 63689 Microwave...
May 30, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!