Question about Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Wireless Keypad Model 976LM Security+
THIS IS A CRAFTMAN (SEARS-CHAMBERLAIN) OPENER
I had the same frustrating dilemma with my Craftsman LiftMaster garage door and Keypad, Model 139.53754-01 (dated 10/06; and has the # 315 MHz).
To resolve “the dilemma”, grab your keypad, climb up on a ladder to access the garage door opener’s motor unit. On the right side of the motor unit, remove the white plastic casing by pressing buttons on each side and pulling down. This will expose the programming area, and for our purposes, the “Learn” button.
1. On the motor unit, press and release the “Learn” button. The Learn indicator light will glow steadily for 30 seconds.
2. Within 30 seconds, enter a four digit personal identification number (PIN) of your choice on the keypad. Then press and hold the ENTER button.
3. Release the ENTER button when the motor unit lights blink. The code has been “learned”/stored/activated.
Good Luck, and I Hope this Helps!
For possible future reference:
How to change an existing, known PIN
(Changing an existing PIN can be done with the wireless remote keypad, and does not require access of the motor unit.)
From the keypad:
1. Enter the four digits of the present PIN, then press and hold the # button. The opener light will blink twice. Release the # button.
2. Enter your new 4-digit PIN and press Enter. The motor unit lights will blink once when the PIN has been “learned”/stored/activated. Test by entering the new PIN, and pressing Enter.
Posted on Jun 24, 2008
That isn't the model number you give it is the part number for the logic board. The model number is on the opposite end of the motor unit and starts with 139. If you are asking if the opener should reverse when it hits an obstacle the answer is yes. If it doesn't it is not adjusted correctly or is faulty.
Posted on Dec 01, 2009
Is the door stuck in the open position? If so the trolley is probably jammed against the bolt just in front of the motor unit. Loosen the chain enough to free the trolley and then run the opener until the door is closed. While the door is closed locate the 'up limit' on the side of the motor unit and turn this control 2 complete turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. Tighten the chain.
Posted on Apr 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2014 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Oct 28, 2011 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Sep 27, 2011 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Jul 08, 2011 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Feb 17, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Dec 31, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Dec 01, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Aug 16, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Aug 18, 2008 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
600 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!