Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Have turned off and on by hard reset by removing power cable and plugging back in. Unplugged and plugged back in telephone cable. Error still appears when unplugging the telephone cable. The machine is a number of years old. Any other ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi. That error indicates there is a problem in the scanning unit. Get technical support
Posted on Feb 20, 2018
1) unplug everything and move the unit to where you can work on it.
2) Remove the paper, and remove the hinged lid (tilt the lid to the up position and lift directly up and off).
3) Remove the push button cover which lifts directly off - straight up.
4) At the top of the button control module is a recessed release clip. Use a flat blade screwdriver and push down on the clip. While pushing down, slide the control button assembly down. lift the outside edge up (there are straight clips on the inside edge). Lift up slowly as the connection cable needs to be unplugged. the cable itself unplugs. Just pull down evenly grasping the top blue laminated section. The blue goes to the outside (contacts go to contacts on the inside). Set the button control unit aside.
5) Using a #10 Torx screwdriver, loosen the two screws in the back corners of the glass cover assembly. Lift the glass assembly up (like changing an ink cartridge), and pull the front lip left and right forward - there are two clips at these locations. Pull forward and lift up. Remove the glass cover assembly off and set aside. Note, tip over and remove the scews (best to remove and put back in after the cover is back fully in place). In reassembly, be sure to feed the control button cable back through the hole, and that it goes back into place the way it came out (including folding back into the slot under the button control assmebly).
6) The black plastic cover has two metal clips visible. These are not the release clips (they hold a glass piece in place under the black plastic cover). The release clips are outboard of these metal clips and are two slots. Insert a small flat blade screw driver, and push the handle toward the center. While prying, lift the cover at that end up, pry the other end and lift the black plastic cover off.
7)While you're in there, you might as well clean the mirrors (THERE ARE FIVE OF THEM)and glass. At the front of the lamp on the botton, the lamp wires lead to a white two piece plastic connector. Unplug the lamp wires. Where the lamp is, toward the front is a black philips screw in the clear plastic piece that holds the front end of the lamp. Remove this screw, and lift the clear plastic piece with the front end of the lamp up slightly, and then pull the full lamp assembly forward and out. This will open the space to the mirrors and glass. Use a Q-Tip and small pieces of paper towell and glass cleaner to clean the mirrors and glass strips. I tried to remove these to clean them, but the metal clips were too tight.. better to clean it all in place. BE SURE TO CLEAN THE EYE!!!!!
8) Clean the bottom of the glass top assembly.
9) Reverse the above to reassemble. Be sure to plug the lamp back in, and the button control assembly. Leave the black plastic cover off.
10) Place the glass top assembly back in place, and snap it down before dropping the screws in the back holes.
Don't know why, but you should be good to go.
After doing the above if in a few weeks you get the same msg again go back in there and take the black top off the housing that the mirrors are in and leave it off!!!! sound crazy but it has been working on a lot of the machines that come in here.
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
It's a bad printhead, when it is removed, power should come back, but you need a new printhead. Wrong cartridge means the printhead is bad.
Posted on Nov 23, 2009
Testimonial: "Helped me make the decision to just buy a new printer. Thanks"
Hello sir;You must remove the left side panel to access the service switch(s1) on PWB A you press this switch to chose the "C" then enter 0 press "#" ,then press "CLEAR" to terminated.
Posted on Jan 18, 2010
This is only some thing you can try it may work.
1. Press and hold "left arrow" key
2. Press the "setup" key and release both keys
3. Press and release the "OK" button
4. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. 2. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
6. Press and release the “OK” button.
7. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
8. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
9. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
10. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
11. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
12. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
13. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
14. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
15. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the printer is already defective.
1. Press the On button to turn the printer off.
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
3. Remove all the ink cartridges.
4. Wait two minutes.
5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
6. Press the On button to turn the printer on.
7. Install the ink cartridges when prompted.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Mar 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2014 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 24, 2014 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Hewlett Packard 53A...
May 28, 2012 | Efficient Networks Speedstream 6300...
Feb 15, 2011 | Televison & Video
Aug 05, 2010 | Philips Lands Phones
Apr 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 31, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
May 02, 2009 | Lands Phones
Feb 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 29, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
1,638 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!