- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yeah, you can, but I wouldn't. Generally speaking, you can cover latex with oil, but the fact the latex is chipping indicates a bonding problem with the latex. Chances are if you just cover it up, it will continue to peel underneath and create bubbles in the oil base.
This is normal in a high sun type climate ,they all peel of flake as the laquar comes off due to the UV please dont blame the manufacturers but blame the enviromentalisats who insist that cars are painted with water based paints
Hi there. Try to remove as much of the old paint as possible. You should sand down the wood and paint a little bit to rough up the wood and only then paint over it. Paint sticks much better to roughed up wood. Oil based paint would also be a better solution. The best solution is to use stain, if that's an option. Alex
Too generic...Did you use the high-temp appliance enamel recommended, or a spray...or worse?
Was the rust inside where it can contact food through the circulating air, or on the outer body?
First thought based on how I read the question: Never use that machine again...but that's based on the word "in" instead of "on my microwave".
If the rust was around the door frame, outside the seals, and you used an enamel (of course) then you may be OK...but... Considering the fact that a cheap microwave is a drop in the bucket when compared to your family's health...Why risk it?
Probably due to the age of the dryer, and continous use, especially if it has been used on high heat settings, also the continuous action of clothes turning and thigs like zips and buttons will contribute to wearing away the enamel.
Have you recently painted anywhere in your home. And I mean anywhere? Paint fumes or other chemical type cleaners or solvents will get in the elements and put off that whole gas or oil smell. If no, have you put any type of clothes in the dryer that may have had some paint or anything else petroleum based on them to dry. That also could have caused this smell as well. If your hot water heater runs on propane or natural gas, check it careful for leaks. This could be a serious situation as a major explosion could happen if it is leaking. Leave the house and call 911 immediatly from a safe distance. I doubt that this is the problem, but be safe than sorry. Let me know if none of these are the culprits. Thanks and let me know.