- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
Line, faults & possible causes to LCD screen are given with illustrations. You can get an idea about the fault to an extent.
This is commonly known as a vertical deflection problem. It cannot be fixed with an adjustment, but requires changing some electronic components. Namely the vertical output IC (integrated circuit) and in addition usually in this model a resistor which may appear to be burned.
sounds like a vertical problem, usually you'll see one white line across the screen, but one I worked on would come on and the bottom half of the picture was gone and there were lines across the top of the screen.
If you know how to solder & can find the vertical output chip then you could try resoldering the pins. If this doesn't fix it then it needs new parts.
hi i have a 50" magnavox that has a problem, i was looking at several websites and i find out the dirfferent posibilities.
in your case i have 2 posibble answers.
1) negative image tv turns on and shots down in 2sec flashing pixels on screen dark image has sound but no video screen goes black and then return to normal picture vertical color lines on screen no video vertical color lines with video vertical bars on screen horizontal lines on the image picture goes red after while
IT COLUD BE (X or Y or Z SUSTAIN BOARDS )
2) just left part of screen working just right part of the screen is working vertical and horizontal lines on screen part of screen not working some functions not working no video but has sound functions not working at all
IT COULD BE (LOGIC CONTROL BOARD)
With half of the screen working, and with a Plasma tv. I will look at the driver board as being bad. Take the back cover off, the driver pcb will be at the top or bottom of the set. They are only about 2 inches tall and will cover most of the lenth of the set (2 boards that run end to end). The board that is on the side of the tv that is bad is the bad board. Replace that board or have a tech replace it.
The vertical circuit is going bad,this is the one in charge of opening the picture up and down,try taping on the side to see if the picture reacts ,if it does your set has a loose conection and the vertical IC will need to be resoldered only but if it does not react the IC will have to be replaced,if you are familiar with tv service this will give you a place to start but if you are not be safe and seek the help of a servicer,please let Us know how it goes.
I would contact RCA if the repair center dosent know how to troubleshoot this set. But I bet its an eeprom or ground issue. Contact RCA here at 580-634-0151 or At https://www.rca.com/secure/service/contactrca/1,,,00.html Good Luck