Question about LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
LG Tromm Washing machine te error. The manual says to call for service. Not much help there. The reason for the error is the thermistor circuit (resistive element that becomes less resistive as it increases in temperature). The thermistor acts as a heat sensor. In many cases, the error occurs because the wireing harness is too tight at the bottom of the drum and one of the wires in this circuit becomes disconnected with all of the movement of the drum (unbalanced load, normal cylcing etc).
1. Unplug the washing machine from the wall. The thermistor circuit is at line voltage (110 in the U.S.) and it will bite! So do this first before proceeding.
2. Move the washer out so you can get access to the back of it.
3. Remove the stainless panel (the one that is not painted, it is large (aprox. 16x18 inches). It is held in place by 4 phillips screws.
4. Locate the thermistor connection block near the bottom of the machine, at the center of the wash drum. It is the small white connector that has two wires running to it. One wire is dark blue, the other is light blue. Insure that neither wire has pulled out of the connector. If either of them have, repair the connector and provide enough extra wire ( aprox. 2") to provide cable relief.
5. If the cable connector and wires are ok, there are other solutions here that recommend either cleaning or replacing the thermistor.
Good luck to you.
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
I've had this happen twice now. Easy fix!
The first time I followed the AppliancePartsPros video (http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-thermistor-assembly-6322fr2046c-ap4445159.html) to get to the thermistor, disconnected it from the wiring connector and removed it from the washer, then reassembled. Error code gone!
The second time I tilted the washer back to gain access, disconnected the wiring, turned the thermistor back and forth while still inserted, and reconnected the wiring. Error code gone! A five minute job.
Posted on Dec 11, 2014
Most of the time, the connection just jars loose due to the heavy shaking of the spin cycle. I fixed mine this way: disconnect the thermistor, squirt a little conductive jelly/grease into the pin holes, reconnect the jack and then tie a zip tie tightly from end to end snugging up the connection. Did this to mine a year ago and it never gave me a TE again.
Posted on Dec 11, 2014
According to LG’s service information, the pernicious “te” error code is caused by a faulty thermistor. If you were just blithely to go buy a new thermistor and plug it in hoping to fix your washer, you may be disappointed. Sublime Master john63 honors us again in the Samurai School of Appliantology with his pearls of wisdom on this vexing error code:
THERMISTORS rarely fail in LG washers.
The most likey cause of the “te” error is:
1) Loose wiring at the control panel (directly behind the CYCLE SELECTOR KNOB)
2) Broken wire at the THERMISTOR (located at the bottom /front of the tub)
To access the wire plug connectors at the CONTROL PANEL—-remove the top cover of the washer.
Stand in front of the washer and look for the plug connectors behind the CONTROL PANEL. Pull apart the plugs and re-install.
Test the washer. If the “te” error still occurs—-it will be neccesary to remove the FRONT PANEL as well (two sets of special plier-type tools are needed).
Inspect the THERMISTOR closely—-with good lighting. If there’s a break in the wire it will be at or near the black sheathing / heat shrink material.
Though not as common—-a broken wire at this location is *usually* caused by excessive vibration during the spin cycle. This is also *usually* found on the older LG washers that are in *wood floor* laundry rooms.
Posted on Oct 15, 2018
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2014 | LG Washing Machines
Oct 27, 2013 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
Feb 29, 2012 | LG WM-2032H Front Load Washer
Jan 02, 2011 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Sep 12, 2010 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Aug 04, 2010 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
Jan 08, 2010 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
Dec 28, 2009 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Jul 28, 2008 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
Jul 07, 2008 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
19,662 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: