Question about Dyson DC40 Multi floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Machine about 2.5 years old
Posted by Anonymous on
There is a switch in the ball which is activated as you pull the handle back from the upright position. The lever that activates the switch pivots as the handle rotates backwards. Try to determine if this lever could be broken or mislocated somehow..
Posted on May 07, 2016
I have come accross this a few times over the years,
I have found that the only way to rectify this is to fit new internal hose (short transparant hose under machine)
When a new one is fitted the spring coil action from the hose pushes head flat down to floor.
Hope this helps you.
Posted on May 04, 2008
If this model has a brush control - i.e a roller at the side of the model which controls brush to spin or not, then its a protected brush model - therefore even if the drive belt is intact the Dyson would have to be repaired by a service personnel or professional. The brush protection isn't able to be taken apart and sounds like it may well have slipped off due to tension.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
If the suction motor comes on and you push the switch for the brush and get no response it is possible it is the switch.Many times it's the motor in the head that goes out.If the vacuum is less than 5 years old Dyson will refer you to a service provider and repair it under warranty on both counts. 1-866-693-9766 www.sewvac.com
Posted on Jan 28, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
CARPETS OR HARD FLOORS
• The brush bar will always default to 'ON' (spinning) each time you switch the
appliance 'ON' and recline it for cleaning.
• The brush bar will not rotate when the appliance is upright.
• To switch the brush bar 'OFF' (e.g. for delicate rugs and hard floors):
- switch the appliance 'ON'
- recline the appliance
- press the brush bar 'ON/OFF' button - the brush bar will stop spinning.
• The brush bar will automatically stop if it becomes obstructed. See 'Brush bar -
• Before vacuuming your flooring, rugs and carpets, check the manufacturer's
recommended cleaning instructions.
• Some carpets may fuzz if a rotating brush bar is used when vacuuming. If this
happens, we recommend vacuuming in 'hard floor' mode and consulting with
the flooring manufacturer.
• The brush bar on the appliance may damage some carpet types. If you are
unsure, turn 'OFF' the brush bar.
Dec 31, 2014 | Dyson Bagless Upright Vacuum DC41 Animal
Sep 27, 2014 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Sep 16, 2014 | Dyson DC03 Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
Aug 19, 2013 | Dyson DC14 All floors Bagless Upright...
Jul 21, 2013 | Dyson DC-33 MultiFloor Upright Vacuum...
Mar 31, 2013 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Nov 25, 2012 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Jul 09, 2012 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Apr 30, 2012 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Jan 13, 2011 | Dyson DC04 HEPA Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
430 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: