An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: my dad has a merits 4 wheel pioneer that flashes 5...
This flash error code for the dynamic controller indicates a park brake fault. Try moving the brake lever back and forth in each direction to clear the fault. You may have a faulty brake or brake microswitch. You can test the brake with a voltmeter. It should read 40 to 60 ohms and not shorted or open. You can test the microswitch by pushing it and checking for switch closure using a voltmeter. You need to turn the scooter on and off to clear the last fault. Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
According to the owner's manual for this scooter, flash code 7 indicates a speed control lever fault. This is the lever that you push to go forward and reverse. The lever is attached to a throttle potentiometer to control the speed of the scooter. The lever has to be in the middle or neutral position when the scooter is turned on, if not, you will get a 7 flash code. If the throttle potentiometer is damaged you will also get a flash code 7.
You can try to adjust the throttle pot or try manipulating the neutral position and turning the scooter on and off until the computer sees neutral. This is a potential work around and will cause the scooter to creep forward when running with hands off the throttle lever because there is no zero setting. I usually just replace the throttle potentiometer and this solves the problem. I hope this helps.
Just some suggestions.
Clean the end of your key and get an earbud and metho/alchol and clean the keyhole sensor.
Change the battery in your key.
Check the charge level on the battery. Recharge.
Check alternator charging.
climatecontrol diagnostic menu
To enter mode press "REST" for more than 5 seconds. Use the left & right Auto buttons to scroll.
value code description
15 1 Inside Temperature
11 2 Outside Temperature
11 3 Left Heater Core Temperature
10 4 Right Heater Core Temperature
10 5 Evaporator Temperature
11 6 Engine Coolant Temperature
3 7 Refrigerant Pressure: displayed as 1.xx bar where xx is in the display
10 8 Refrigerant Temperature
0 9 Not Used
1.2 10 Blower Control Voltage: 6.0V
11 Emission Sensor: 2.4V
12 Sun Sensor: 4.1V
0 20 Control Current for Auxiliary Fan: 3.2mA (Is this value too low?)
0 21 Engine RPM: 44 => 4,400rpm
0 22 Vehicle Speed
0 23 Terminal 58d: 32 or 32% of Full Battery Charge
12.0 24 Battery Voltage: 13.3V
8 40 Software Status: 164
5 41 Hardware Status: 85
216 42 Variant Code 1st numerical value
14 43 Variant Code 2nd numerical value
50 Not assigned
51 Not assigned
52 Not assignd
60 Roof OPE/CLO
61 Left side air outlet, knurled wheel potentiometer Volts
62 Vacuum actuator 46, feedback potentiometer Volts
63 Center outlet, knurled wheel potentiometer Volts
64 Vacuum actuator 47, feedback potentiometer Volts
65 Right side air outlet, knurled wheel potentiometer Volts
66 Vacuum actuator 48, feedback potentiometer Volts
Item 63 is the input signal from the thumbwheel controlfor the center vent, and 64 is the feedback signal to the controller giving it the position of the vent flap. As you move the thumbwheel these values should continously vary from a minimum of roughly .7 to 4.5.
The L.E.D. located on the tiller
dashboard will indicate with flash codes what problem is occurring.
L.E.D. Flashes 1 time and pauses, 1 time and pauses…. Batteries are low,
scooter will still operate.
L.E.D. Flashes 2 times and pauses, 2 times and pauses…. Batteries are very
low, scooter will not operate.
L.E.D. Flashes 3 times and pauses, 3 times and pauses….Over voltage to
L.E.D. Flashes 5 times and pauses, 5 times and pauses….Brake is in the
freewheel position or connection to brake is open.
L.E.D. Flashes 6 times and pauses, 6 times and pauses….Paddle or speed
L.E.D. Flashes 7 times and pauses, 7 times and pauses….Paddle or speed
L.E.D. Flashes 8 times and pauses, 8 times and pauses….Motor
disconnected or faulty.
L.E.D. Flashes 9 times and pauses, 9 times and pause….Controller fault.
I hope this helps they are pretty standard codes I got this from Golden Tech Web Site
1. Make sure the unit is turned on, and not printing. The POWER light should be on, but not flashing.
2. Lower the OUTPUT tray, and lift the scanner portion to access the ink cartridges.
3. Press and release the INK button. The print heads will move to the left, and the cartridge that needs to be replaced will stop directly beneath the OUT OF INK symbol. Make a note of which cartridge requires replacement.
4. Press and release the INK button again. If more than one ink cartridge is empty, the next cartridge will move under the OUT OF INK symbol. If no other cartridges are out of ink, the print heads will now move to the REPLACEMENT POSITION.
5. Open the CARTRIDGE COVER. Pinch the front and back tabs of the empty cartridge as you lift it out of the unit. Dispose of this cartridge.
6. Before you remove the new cartridge from its package, shake it four or five times.
7. Remove the new cartridge from its package, and lower it into the cartridge holder. Push down gently until the cartridge clicks into place.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each cartridge that you need to replace. Close the CARTRIDGE COVER once all of the necessary ink cartridges are replaced.
9. Carefully lower the scanner, until it clicks into place
10. Press and release the INK button.
The ON light flashes and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the ON light stops flashing and stays on steady. Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus printer while the ON light is flashing, unless the Stylus printer hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.