Question about Brother HL-5240 Laser Printer
How to reset or solution
1) Turn off printer
2)Turn back on
3) Remove Drum and Toner.
4)Press Go for 1 second(it appears to do nothing)
5)Put Drum and Toner back in.
6)Press Go for 1 second(it appears to do nothing)
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
that error usually indicates that the toner has reached its end of life
or the drum is not properly installed.
i had one person who put the toner in but threw the drum cartridge away.
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
This works on several different Brother Printers to get rid of toner/drum empty errors:
1. Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
2. Turn the printer off.
3. Hold the 'go' button while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
4. Release the 'go' button.
5. Press the 'go' button 2 times.
7. Press the 'go' button 5 times.
8. The toner light should be off.
9. The paper light should be on or flashing [doesn't happen on all].
10. Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
Posted on Feb 05, 2010
1: Turn off power and remove toner/drum
2: Tape the little spring loaded lever just inside the printer on the upper left hand side in the *DOWN* position! Do not replace drum yet and...
3: Turn power on to printer and let it cycle. Status/Toner lights will come on as usual.
4: Turn off printer, remove tape from lever, replace drum and turn back on.
Posted on Mar 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2018 | Nokia Cell Phones
on Sep 27, 2010 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
Feb 25, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Jun 28, 2014 | Motorola Televison & Video
Nov 23, 2011 | Fuji Xerox Phaser 3155 Laser Printer
Jan 16, 2011 | Samsung SPH-i500
Jan 06, 2011 | Samsung Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 27, 2010 | Primavera Project Planner P3 (PRIMAVERAP3)...
Sep 15, 2005 | NEC MobilePro P300 Pocket PC
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!