Xerox Phaser 7760 Prints White Lines Diagonally Across Page
Xerox Phaser 7760 prints white diagonal lines across the page. The pattern is pretty conisitent. It starts white on the left side of the page and becomes darker on the left.
I have replaced all 4 Imaging Units already. Any other ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are a few solutions to this problem.
1. The 7760 does not duplex from the MPT
2. The 7760 will not duplex certain paper types eg. envelope, transparency, labels, thick card stock,special. If your paper type is set to any of these it will default to simplex printing.
3. Conflicts in driver settings will cause the printer to default to simplex printing.
4. From the machine settings, duplex can be enabled or disabled. (Though driver settings should override this).
Hope this helps.
There is a snippet on the Xerox website to solve
imaging unit recognition problems, link below.
Usually this problem only occurs if the NVRAM has been reset or the engine
board has been replaced without backing up the NVRAM.
You can download the snippet to your printer through Centreware or by
downloading the 'File Downloader' utility from the same page above.
Hope this helps.
Are the white lines in one color or all colors? If it is just one color you should try cleaning the laser window. Open the front cover and in the cover there should be a cleaning wand. Remove the waste cartridge and use the cleaning wand to clean the laser windows located behind the waste cartridge.
Resolving white, light lines or streaks (eliminate light stripes)
From the printer, print the Troubleshooting Print Quality Pages.
With Troubleshooting highlighted, press the OK button. Scroll to Print Quality Problems by pressing the Up or Down Arrow button. Press OK.
Scroll to Troubleshooting Print Quality Page. Press OK. Evaluate the Light Stripes Test page for missing printhead jets (missing cyan, magenta, yellow or black color bars).
Clean the maintenance unit's wiper blade and empty the waste tray. A dirty maintenance drawer wiper blade can cause white lines and weak or missing printhead jets. Using a clean lint-free cloth or a paper coffee filter, gently clean the blade with a wiping motion across the entire length of the wiper blade.