Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
SOURCE: kenmore elite he 4t washer
I have the he4t and everytime I wash I get an f02 error. The washer wont drain and spin unless you cancel and restart the washer. What can I do to fix this?
Posted on Oct 17, 2008
SOURCE: Front Loading washer Kenmore Ht3
Here are the steps to unlocking the door manually if clothes are still in the machine.
2.remove bottom panel
3.Reach up along the inside of the front panel and locate the botttom of the door latch assembly
4.Located on the bottom of the door latch assembly is a tear dropped shaped tab
5. Gently pull down on the tab about a 1/4 inch or until a click is heard.
6. You may now open the door.
This code means the door lock mechanism has failed or the central control unit has failed. Replace the door lock mech. first. This should fix the problem. (before replacing anything make sure there is no obstruction around the switch or in the switch.) After the machine has been unplugged it may fix itself. if not replace door lock mech.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
SOURCE: what does a flashing code
That is the code for a water inlet issue. Meaning "no or insufficient water supply" according to the manual.
It says to hit PAUSE/CANCEL twice to cancel cycle. Then unplug unit and check for:
Are faucets completely turned on? Are screens at the inlet hose connection to washer clogged? Are inlet hoses kinked? And last...Are inlet hoses frozen? After checking all those it says to plug back in, re-select cycle and press START. If problem still comes up call for service. I remember on another site someone had the same code coming up, all the inlet suggestions checked out OK and they had to call for service as it was something in the control panel/computer of the unit.
Hope your issue is something simple as suggested by the manual. Take care ; )
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
Had this problem on our Kenmore machine.
This is what done.
1. Unplug the washer
2. Take of the toe panel in the front by removing the three screws.
3. Get a bunch of towels (I mean a bunch!!!)
4. The pump is in the center, and it has a plastic grip handle that one can unscrew to remove the filter. As you unscrew it, LOTS of water will come out. Be ready with the towels. A cookie sheet helps to collect the water too.
5. Clean the filter assembly.
6. If one wishes to check the inlet of the pump, remove the back panel, about 12 screws. (Note, the following works for replace the pump as well)
7. Remove the large bellow from the bottom of the tub that goets to inlet of the pump by removing the clamp
9. Lift up on the plastic cover that covers the wires that power the pump. There may be a small plastic catch that is lifted up as to allow the connector to become free.
8. Remove the Torx screw that holds that is the center just under the filter screen.
9. Pull the pump forward.
10. Unclamp the pump outlet hose.
11. Remove pump
12. Unclamp the large bellow on the pumps inlet and inspect for debris.
13. Clean pump and fitler w/o getting water on the pump.
14. Install in reverse order. Remember, it is much easire to put the inlet bellow and outlet hose on the pump before you put into the washer
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
SOURCE: *&^% screws!!!
F2 = Long Drain. Most common cause is something (or lots of things) stuck in the drain pump. There are screws at the bottom of the front panel that can be removed to check it out. If the screws look like stars they are Torx head screws, get driver from most home centers.
Go here for Kenmore HE3 washer parts:
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2016 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jul 31, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
May 15, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 24, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH6700A Front Load Washer
Mar 10, 2009 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3 Front Load Washer
Mar 01, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Feb 23, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Feb 03, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Mar 30, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 28, 2020 | Kenmore Washing Machines
250 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: