An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: My microwave works but the turntable stopped turning....
The part is just a small motor. really easy to replace. and the part is inexpensive maybe under $20. but for a service person to come out and do the repair is pretty expensive in most places. at least $100. but if anyone you know is at all handy, they could do it easily for you. a couple of screws remove the bottom on the microwave. a couple of screws hold the motor, and two quick connect wires. thats it. good luck. (if this is just a tabletop microwave maybe a new one would be a better option. usually under $75)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 2 fuses inside the cabinet. One is for the clock and turntable. The other is for the high voltage transformer and the microwave module. If this fuse is blown either the transformer is shorted or the module has failed to cause the fuse to blow. Parts and Labor can get close to the cost of a new one, so get an estimate so you can have information to make your decision
Check your owners manual as some turntables can be turned off by a switch on the control panel. If not, the turn table connections may have come loose from the control board or the motor could have died..
The magnetron (the part that heats the food) is probably done, they tend to go out if the fuse didn't blow and it usually isn't worth fixing as the cost of the magnetron is almost what it would cost to buy a new microwave.
Sorry for the bad news.
if the magnetron is shot, then replace the microwave! the magnetron is what produces the 'microwaves' that do the heating. get rid of it! buy a new one! the smell is from overheating circuitry- don't want to take the chance of a fire! these days you can replace it pretty cheaply- with a fine piece of technology made in china! but, if it lasts 3-4 years, it's pretty cost effective. once again! if your getting a 'burning' smell from it, unplug it and dispose of it! good luck!
Hi, I had the same problem with my Emerson microwave. As I rent out the house, and the turntable stopped working while I was away, my rental agent bought another Emerson microwave. On my return I tried using the new (brown) plastic turntable on the old microwave, and found it worked perfectly. Maybe it would be possible for you to order a replacement turntable part. Hope this helps. Good luck, Rosalind