If you did not create a Live account that is not over 18 years old, it
is unfortunately impossible to COMPLETELY remove the parental controls
on the Xbox, however, it is possible to almost completely turn them
off. If you have access to the 'parent' account of the child's account
on the Xbox 360 and you have your own Xbox Live Gamertag, you can login
using your Windows Live account on Xbox.com and change parental control
If the "Child" account has reached the age of 18,
then you need to sign into the "Parent" account and follow these steps
to convert the account to an "Adult" account:
- Go to My Xbox, and open your profile.
- Select Manage Account.
- Select Promote Child Account.
- Follow the required steps.
If the "Child" account is NOT
atleast 18 years old then
this is how to modify the Parental Control settings (Note: You can NOT
completely disable Parental Controls, games that have ratings above the
neccesary age can NOT be downloaded on the "Child"account):
- Sign in using the "Child" account's Live email address and password.
- Click on the gamertag in the upper right hand corner of the site.
- Click the Manage Profile button.
- Under the Gamer Profile heading, choose "Family Settings".
- It will now ask to sign in as the "Parent" account.
- After signing in, you can change the Parental Control limitations.
- When done, click the save button at the bottom of the page.