- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Purchase a wireless router that fits your needs and price range.
2. Follow the router's manual to set up the router and its Internet connection, which will probably require connecting a wired client to the router. Once the wireless router is set up, the wired connection is no longer necessary. However, it's best to leave the wired client connected if it's a separate computer from that on which you're going to set up WiFi. If something goes wrong, you can access the administration interface again.
3. Gather information from the setup process. In order to set up the wireless client, you will need to know the service set identifier (SSID), the Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) key and the channel and mode.
4. Boot up the laptop and plug in the WiFi card. This will not be necessary if your laptop has an integrated WiFi card.
5. Install any drivers needed to use the WiFi card. Insert the disc that came with the WiFi card and follow the on-screen installation process. Most discs will trigger a new hardware wizard that makes installation extremely simple.
6. Double-click on the "WiFi Connection" icon. It can be found in the system tray at the bottom of the laptop screen.
7. Click on "Properties."
8. Select the "Wireless Networks" tab.
9. Use the "Add" button at the bottom of the dialog if your WiFi network isn't in the "Available Networks" section.
10. Click on "Configure" when you see your network's SSID in the "Available Networks."
11. Enter your network's SSID and WEP key.
12. Click on "Start," then choose "Connect To" and "Wireless Network Connection." Your computer should now be able to access the WiFi network. If the WiFi network is connected to the Internet, it should also be able to connect to the Internet.
You dont need disc to configure...To access Belkin's web based setup page type 192.168.2.1 on the address bar of the browser. By default there is no password set for the router and you just simply click submit button to log on to router setup page
Click on Internet WAN and select the connection type you want. Wireless name (SSID) is the name of your wireless network. The most recommended wireless channel is 6. You can use wireless channel 1 and 11 to and scan for the network
put in the disc again and run the installation and when it asked me to run the installation it asked me what channel I wanted it on but the default was 11 so I kept it there, just try to set it up again
you have to configer your router are you using dsl or cabel inter net
cabel you dont need to set in log on but dsl you do
secound configer your router wireless i think you are are useing dsl speed stream bell use
Any router will work, TCP/IP is a network standard, definately double check the cables. Your DSL modem is usually 192.168.254.254. and the router is usually 192.168.1.1. Check your documentation for the default IP. Once you know it type it in to the broswer in your Mac. Before doing so connect with an ethernet cable, purchase a new one if necessary. Connect from the <--> labeled port on the mac, or ethernet port. These wires are not like phone lines, they have 8 wires instead of 4/6. The router usually has ports on the back labeled 1, 2, 3, 4, and WAN. the 1-4 ports are LAN and that is also labeled on there. Plug the mac into port 1 and any other computers in after you get internet. once the physical connection is recognized. Go to your browser in the mac and proceed. if you get a web based router configuration page your router is working, then make the WAN connection to the ethernet port on the back of the dsl mode. Be sure your cables are good. Also go to your control panel and make sure your internet is enabled in your network section.