- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Microwave ovens have an internal fuse to protect the unit. Once you remove the white cover it is easily located on a board where the main power cable first goes into. Despite what you hear about dangerous radiation generated by microwave it is sage to turn on the microwave with the white cover off because the radiation stays within the microwave cavity. If you buy pass the door interlock then you may be exposed to some radiation escaping from the door opening. No match can go wrong in a microwave. Usually its something simple like a bad connection a burned fuse .or a burned power supply if it is microprocessor based unit.
It is very dangerous, you're filling the room with radiation, may be best to just dump that one, unless you are a little bit competant with mechanical stuff, in which case it's probably the sensor on the door not registering that it is open,. might be a physical thing, i.e. moved a little. or maybe a electronic thing, requiring a new sensor itself.
If it makes that hefty clunk and humming that microwaves make when working,that is NOT GOOD as it is the magnetron working producing radiation, so just needs chucking in the bin. It's not dangerous if it's just the fan (a much more gentle humming!
Most likely, the magnetron (the gadget that produces the microwaves) has burned out. In this case, replace the microwave.
However, it may have a burned out thermal fuse. If you are skilled in this area, you can take the appliance apart, and replace the fuse. However, DO NOT TRY THIS unless you know how to put the radiation seals back together, and, have a leakage meter to be sure nothing is coming out. Microwaves are dangerous.
there is nothing you can do for two reasons 1 - there is a special film behind glass 1 that stop radiation from leaking if the seal is broken then the machine will be dangerous 2 - there are aprox four film layers to get throught to clean the front panel simply put it out in direct sun for a couple of days and the mist will dissapate
Honestly, it is best left alone, Microwaves are treated to prevent radiation leakage and splitting a door would probably upset that radiation preventing shield from operating fully. If you really want the window cleaned, take it to a repairman who is can give you a certificate that the oven is safe and has no radiation leaks after completion of the job. (Microwaves can be extremely dangerous appliances)
The microwave oven is not safe to use, the fire has compromised the interior of the oven, if you run the microwave it will start to arc and eventually short out the magnetron, because the white enamel paint has been burned away. If you have holes in the ceiling there is danger of radiation leakage, for safety reasons the oven should be replaced.
You have an error code and probably for good reason. maybe a switch is bad to keep out radiation for closing the door or what ever . If you don't know about these things don't mess with them! They are very dangerous and it can radiate you with out you knowing in some instances. Not worth messing with ,too dangerous for the unknown guy!!!!!
Buy a detector to test your microwave to be sure it is not leaking radiation. The detectors range in price from ten dollars to about thirty five dollars and can be purchased in most hardware stores. If you discover that the microwave is leaking radiation, never try to repair this appliance yourself. Take the microwave to a professional for repair. All things considered though, the microwave oven is fairly inexpensive these days it may be a better idea to just purchase a new one.