Question about Olympus SP-350 Digital Camera
SOURCE: Blank screen
This sounds like CCD sensor is faulty and should be replaced . Camera works fine in playback mode generally with this problem but not in capture mode ( camera has gone 'blind'). Should be repaired free of charge if the camera is as old as you say.
Posted on Sep 04, 2007
SOURCE: FE 170 OLYMPUS digital camera
its fucked up olympus sux i bought a sony cybershot 4000000 times better than that trash fe-210.
i trashed it destroyed it mutilated it till it begged for mercy
Posted on Dec 03, 2007
Sounds as if it could be an issue with the sensor behind the lens cover door. Unfortunately Olympus is no longer repairing this camera. You may want to call their customer service to discuss what your options are at this point. Their telephone number is 800-622-6372 option 2 and then option 3.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
The problem you are describing is a problem with one of the chips in the camera that controls image processing. It seems to have failed and needs to be replaced. Following are the instructions to send your camera to Olympus for service.
Olympus will charge a flat rate repair fee for this product if beyond the one year factory warranty or the warranty is voided. The cost is $128.85 plus your local sales tax. This covers parts and labor, factory cleaning and diagnostic check, 6 month warranty and the cost of shipping the product back to you is all included in that price.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
SOURCE: Lens not working
How to put the lens mechanism of the camera to its own place?
1. Turn off the camera.
2. Remove your battery and memory card.
3. Unscrew the screws and open the back cover of the camera.
4. Unscrew the screws of the main board.
5. Remove the lens mechanism.
6. Be careful not to touch the rear part of optic parts for protecting to the fingerprints and not to cut the wiring system.
7. Take out the lens mechanism and watch the lens roads. Is there any broken parts around there? If not it is a good news. Then go on to look carefully around the lens mechanism. Is there anything looking unusual? But if you have unusual noise that has two meanings.
a. There is a dust in the lens mechanism. Then it is very easy to fix it. In this position you should give a pressured air to clean it. And collect the camera parts together.
b. There are some broken parts in it. Then there are two solutions.
(1) Give pressured air to clean it. It is easy and does not need to change any part. Go on from 8.
(2) Lens mechanism needs to be changed. Buy new lens mechanism or find it from one of second hand and out of order cameras. Go on from 8.
8. If there is nothing looking unusual, take the lens mechanism to your hand. Then control its move while sliding it slowly and carefully.
9. Collect the camera part as you have unscrewed.
10. Install the memory card and battery.
11. Turn on the camera. Try to focus on any subject specially on the mode that you recently faced with.
Where can you buy a new lens mechanism and how much does it cost?
1. If you need to change the lens mechanism, then you can buy it from http://www.ebay.com
2. Open this address and write to the search box the item number:170482444552
3. You can see the price of this item there. If it is suitable for you then buy it and change it as I said above.
I hope it is helpful.
Posted on May 08, 2010
Testimonial: "Very Thorough. I have not got to try it yet, because I have not had time, but I will defintely try and also take the advice to a repair man, if I can't do it myself."
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: