Question about LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven
After sitting for a few minutes unplugged, plugged it in again and control panel momentarily lit up, then all went dead again. Thanks
If the control panel lights up intermittently, then you either have a loose connection somewhere near the panel, or a failing component on the circuit board itself.
If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/david_29ad5d1dd86564b0
Posted on May 09, 2016
yes it s a large ceramic fuse and you have to remove the outer cover to access this. it will be on the top of the M/wave frame either front L or front right. Cost is about $40.00
Please rate our help to keep the sevice online
Posted on Aug 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2018 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 26, 2015 | GE Microwave Ovens
Aug 06, 2012 | KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
Mar 07, 2012 | GE Spacemaker Over-the-Range Microwave
Apr 08, 2011 | Frigidaire Over-the-Range Microwave
If you find the fuse blown or circuit breaker tripped, unplug everything from the circuit to which the microwave is connected (keep in mind that other outlets may be fed from the same circuit). Replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker. If the same thing happens again, you have a problem with the outlet or other wiring on the same branch circuit. If plugging in the microwave causes the fuse to blow or circuit breaker to trip immediately, there is a short circuit in the power cord or elsewhere.
The microwave oven may be powered from a GFCI outlet or downstream of one and the GFCI may have tripped. (Removing a broken oven lamp has been known to happen.) The GFCI outlet may not be in an obvious location but first check the countertop outlets. The tripped GFCI could be in the garage or almost anywhere else! Pushing the RESET button may be all that's needed.
Next, try to set the clock. With some ovens the screen will be totally blank following a power outage - there may be nothing wrong with it. Furthermore, some ovens will not allow you perform any cooking related actions until the clock is set to a valid time.
Assuming these are not your problems, a fuse has probably blown although a dead controller is a possibility.
While you can do some repairs on your microwave, what you don't know can kill you... even on an unplugged microwave, so make sure you understand the dangers and how to reduce them before you try anything inside a microwave. If you want to do more yourself, go to the link at the top of this post.
Oct 21, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 29, 2009 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven
Feb 13, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 29, 2008 | Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven
A microwave can be dead for many reasons.
If it goes dead for a while during or after cooking then comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causing the thermostat to
open. When it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.
If it's random, it may be a bad connection, usually on the control board or fuse holder.
If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.
If the fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / body of the oven.
At our site, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and disassembly information.
See our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Oct 21, 2007 | Panasonic NN-S254BF Microwave Oven
471 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!