Yep I did the same. Finally recovered using the link shown below.
To Create a Crisis Recovery USB you must use a Win XP system
Note: Running XP through compatibility more in Win 7 will not work
1. Insert Blank USB Drive
2. Open "CRISDISK" folder
3. Open "WINCRIS" application
4. It should detect the USB Drive
5. Click "Start" Button
WINCRIS should create the USB recovery drive
6. For Crisis recover, be sure to Power drain system.
A. Remove Battery
B. Depress power button for 10-15 sec.
7. Insert USB drive into USB port.
8. Hold END button while plugging in power cord in system
9. Continue to hold END and depress and release the system power button.
10. Continue holding END until USB drive begins to flash and a beep is heard.
11. System may remain blank as it enters recovery mode - Anoying Beeping will be heard - Beeping will stop and FANS will function Another series of Beeps will be heard
12. System should complete recovery in 5-10 min. If system has not powered down in 15 min, power down by pressing the power button
Good luck Dean/Steve