- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the steps below to reset the lenovo to factory settings
Note: All your data will be lost. So keep that in mind.
So take the backup of your data first in a separate HDD or flash drive.
1. Switch off the Computer
2. Press the power button and then immediately start tapping f11 key on the top of your keyboard.
3. You will hear a beep sound and then stop pressing it.
4. You will get the screen says windows is loading files. Wait untill it finishes.
5. Select the default language which is US and Click on next .
6. Enter your login credentials (username and password) if you use to login to the windows.
7. Then you will get the system Recovery Options screen where you need to select the last option "Lenovo Product Recovery"
8. Again preferred language will be English US and hit Next.
9. Accept the terms and conditions and hit next and then hit Yes on the warning.
10. Then it will start resetting the Lenovo Think pad to the factory default with no previous data. Same as when you purchased it.
If you have any query you can ask before restoring the Computer.
Hope this helps you. Reply if that fixes your issue.
1.It can happen if any antivirus/firewall software blocking access to things . (in which disabling the the software before connecting would fix the issue) 2. Try to update driver for your Touch pad, This could also solve the problem.
Hi. I think the problem on your machine is the RAMS if you here the beeping sound. I would suggest that you remove the memory and clean the contact points with an eraser but make sure that you remove all the receduces and also make sure that when you plug them back you should double check if they are properly seated. If you still having the same issue after doing the troubleshooting step then try a known good memory so that you could make sure that the problem is not with the memories you have.
Drivers and software - ThinkPad R61 Communications: Bluetooth
Communications: Bluetooth R61 Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate software Windows Vista 03 Apr 2008 v18.104.22.16800 Windows XP, 2000 25 Aug 2008 v22.214.171.12400 Microsoft Bluetooth support Windows XP 21 Sep 2005 v2.00 http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70450http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70450