So my sanse e140 can be detected by the computer. i can delete and add files if the unit is connected to the computer and the changes are recognized. once i remove the connection from the pc and the unit and i turn on the unit, the changes (songs deleted and songs added) are not recognized.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you connect the MP3 player to your computer with the supplied USB cable then computer detects the player as an external storage device or a Removable disk, you can then view the folder on your MP3 player. Open the music folder and create a new folder on the player exactly the same way you create a folder on your computer's hard drive. To organise your music, make a folder name with the name of the music album and place the album's MP3 files in this folder, then copy the mp3 files from the computer into this folder. You will then be able to select the music you want to play by the music album folder. To delete a file from your MP3 player, connect the supplied USB cable to your player and then plug it into the USB port of your computer. The computer will detect your player then click on this device to view the files, you can then click on the music file to highlight the file and then press the Del key to delete the file off your MP3 player.
1. Connect the USB cable to your Sansa MP3 player, then hook the other end to a free USB port on your computer. 2. Give the computer time to recognize the Sansa MP3 player. Once it has, double-click on the MP3 player?s icon to view the music files stored to memory. 3. Scroll through the list of audio files until you find the ones that you wish to delete from the Sansa MP3 player. 4. Click on single items or click and lasso multiple files. 5. Right-click on the highlighted files to pull down an action list and from there select Delete. The computer will ask if you really want to throw the file away. Select OK. 6. Exit from the window, then disconnect the USB cable from the Sansa MP3 player. The player will automatically turn off. The memory will update the first time you turn the player on after deleting songs.
I believe this should be the manual that your looking for. You may also want to try hooking the MP3 player up to your computer via the usb cable. After doing so, if nothing automatically comes up, you should be able to open the players drive via the my computer option. A lot of times a copy of the manual and the operating software can be found here.
- download the firmware (http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1295) - run firmware - SW - FirmwareDownloader shows "Detecting" - put oft the battery of the e140 - hold down the Power Button - Connect the e140 to the PC - FirmwareDownloader shows "Recovery mode ready" - press start-Button
1. Open the file browser on your computer and navigate through the folders to the drive assigned to your Sansa MP3 Player.
2. Select the music files that you would like to delete by clicking once on the file, if you want to delete more than one file hold your control(ctrl) key down as you click each file. When you have clicked on all the files you want deleted release holding down the control key. Then push the delete key. The files will be deleted. You also can use Rhapsody and other software to save or delete files directly to your player.