Question about Dell 942 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Printing is fine, but when copying, one edge of the paper fades from about a 1/2 inch out. Rest of page is copied fine. Ink cartridges appear to be fine for all other print jobs.
The issue you have posted could be related to number of reasons, In order to fix this issue please try the steps given below.
1. Check if the paper size using is the one recommended or suitable with the printer.
2. Check if the document that you are placing on the scanner bed to copy is placed accordingly.
3. Check if there is a size or resolution which is set in printer preferences and it matches the paper size that you are using while scanning.
4. You can also try resetting the printer to factory defaults if you have started experiencing this issue recently, in order to reset the printer to factory defaults all you need to do is to power off the printer disconnect the power cord to the printer, then press the power button for about 10 to 15 seconds and the reconnect the power cord and power on the printer, once the printer is powered on press the power and the menu buttons at the same time and hold them for about 15 to 20 seconds the printer will turn off automatically.
5. You can also update the printer firmware for the Dell’s support site which is support.dell.com
Note while updating the printer firmware make sure that your printer and compute does not power off or restart.
Should you require any further assistance regarding the printer or even require assistance regarding any other computer related issue in future please feel free to contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2015 | Ricoh Aficio CL3500N Laser Printer
Jan 29, 2014 | Konica Minolta bizhub Office Equipment &...
Jan 29, 2014 | Konica Minolta Bizhub C300 All-In-One...
Jan 13, 2013 | Dell 1110 Laser Printer
Mar 29, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jan 28, 2010 | Brother DCP-330C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 24, 2009 | Dell 942 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 16, 2009 | Dell 942 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 15, 2014 | Dell 942 All-In-One InkJet Printer
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: