Question about Brother DCP-8045D All-In-One Laser Printer
Originally had out of memory on lcd screen. inserted addt'l memory card to 128. now lcd screen has hex dump mode and prints page after page of garbage. I can make copies, but can not sent job to printer from pc
Probably the easiest way to turn off the Hex Dump mode would be to reset all printer settings. There should be a reset menu that will allow you to reset the printer to factory defaults. After which it should recognize the new ram and print normally.
Posted on Apr 02, 2015
Testimonial: "the first answer I got worked like a charm. answer. turn off printer, hold down stop/exit while simultaneously turn printer back on. continue to hold down exit button until turns completely back on, whaalaa. fixed. thank you, been hex dumping for two days."
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2014 | Epson LX-350 9-Pin Serial Impact Dot...
May 22, 2011 | Trust PowerCam 760 Digital Camera
Jan 13, 2011 | Gigabyte GV-RX13P256DE-RH RADEON X1300...
Feb 22, 2010 | Vivitar ViviCam X327 Digital Camera
Feb 21, 2010 | Epson TM-T88III Thermal Printer
Jan 19, 2010 | Brother DCP-8040 Copier
Sep 28, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4180 All-In-One InkJet...
You can save the scanned data on a USB memory or a memory card by using the control panel.
- You can not use USB memory card and memory card simultaneously.
1 .Select Scan (Scan) on page HOME (HOME) and then press the OK button.
The screen where you select where the data should be saved is displayed.
2 .Turn the USB memory card direct print port or memory card into the slot.
3 .Select USB flash drive (USB flash drive) or memory card (Memory card) and then press the OK button.
4 .Select Save on USB disk (Save to USB flash). The screenshot Scan documents (Scan document) is displayed.
5. State the necessary settings and then press the OK button.
6. Place the original on the glass plate as shown on the LCD screen.
7. Press the [color] (Color) for scanning in color, or button [Black] (Black) for scanning in black and white.
When the preview is enabled, press the OK button after viewing the preview pane on the LCD screen.
The machine starts scanning and the scanned data is stored either on the USB memory card. Remove the original from the glass plate, the scan is complete.
- You can only scan images continuously when you select PDF. Continue to scan the confirmation screen. You can save up to 100 pages of images in a PDF file.
- If the USB memory card or memory card becomes full while images are scanned, saved only images that are already scanned.
- You can save up to 2000 files of scanned data in both JPEG and PDF formats.
- Folder and filename of the scanned data stored on USB memory or memory card is as follows:
• Folder Name: (extensions: PDF): CANON_SC \ DOCUMENT \ 0001
• Folder Name: (File Extension: JPG): CANON_SC \ IMAGE \ 0001
• Filename: Serial number, starting from "SCN_0001"
• File dates: 01/01/2008
Mar 28, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 03, 2009 | Zebra LP 2844 Thermal Printer
Dec 07, 2008 | Brady 2461 Thermal Label Printer
185 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: