Question about NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL Firewall Router [ DG834GNA Wireless ] (114587)
Try to check that the windows is allowed to control your wireless connection. Just go to control panel, wireless, and then configurations and see if the box for this is ticked..And dont forget to rate me if u like my solution. Trevor Smith
Posted on Nov 13, 2007
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. here are the steps u need to do:
1. your desktop computer can connect to the internet if u pull up a browser. First we need to access the setup page of the router by typing at the url of the browser:192.168.1.1
2. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have. since the router us setup already u have the internet connection thru the desktop computer using a wired connection..
3. Look for the wireless settings of the router and create first a ssid or wireless network name then u can as well set the wireless security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2 then tkip.
4. once your done with the wireless settings, check now the settings for the toshiba laptop computer, some laptop wireless network adapter comes up with a software, I have a dell laptop and I dont use the software for the wireless adapter to connect to wireless, I disable it and use the wireless zero configuration of microsoft windows. u can check the wireless adapter software at the lower right corner of the taskbar, u can disable it by right clicking it and there will be an option to select to disable and sometimes there is an option as well to use the wireless zero config. given u already disable the software and there is no option to use the wireless zero config. u can click on start then run and type services.msc and the services tab will pop up and scroll down to the button of the services and u will see the wireless zero config, just right click on that line and enable it. once its enable it will show a wireless icon on the lower right of the task bar its like a little double computer icon, if it does not show, check on ur laptop maybe the wireless switch is off, the switch is located on the sides of the laptop or on the key area or check on ur manual on how to turn on the wireless switch if u cant locate it. once the icon show, right click it and select on view available wireless network and it will list all available network in range included the wireless network that u created, just select it and connect, then it will ask the password, type the password and connect. u should be connected.. I hope this will help u.. pls feel free to get in touch if u have any concern.
Posted on Aug 23, 2009
If the wireless security on the router is enabled, then the pre-shared key or encryption key on the router and PC should match.
To check the wireless settings, use the laptop to access the web interface of the router. Follow the steps below:
1 Using your Internet browser, go to http://dsldevice.lan or to the IP address of your router (by default: 192.168.1.254).
2 On the Home Network menu, click Wireless.
3 In the upper-right corner, click Details.
4 The wireless Access Point page appears. Under:
- Configuration, you can find the network name (SSID).
- Security, you can find the encryption.
On the PC wireless, access the wireless network connection. Select the SSID and then type the encryption key or pre-shared key.
Once the encryption key on the PC and router matches, then you should obtain an IP address and get online.
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2012 | IBM Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m 9452-J4U PC...
Dec 25, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Nov 15, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 11, 2009 | Sabrent USB 2.0 NT-USB20 Ethernet Adapter
Jul 06, 2009 | Sprint PCS Merlin S720 Mobile Broadband...
Dec 25, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 22, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Nov 08, 2007 | Toshiba Satellite A60 Notebook
May 22, 2020 | Power Computers & Internet
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: