I am getting the following problems with my Zoom X6 modem router
- upon hooking up cables, the internet light is red, despite having an active line, with and without a filter
- when loading the software, it comes up with an error after installation saying there is a registery key error, but then lets you proceed with trying to get the modem working
-when i follow the setup from the CD it says that it can't find the zoom modem
-when i try to do it manually i cannot access 10.0.0.2
- i have changed all the TCP/IP settings
- I have tried assigning a static IP address
-My computer is a standard Asus laptop which works with other modems
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Make sure to plug the power cube into a power strip or wall outlet and then plug the power cube's other end into the modem's power (PWR) jack.
2. You should only use the power cube with the Zoom X6. Other power cubes may damage your hardware.
3. Try another wall outlet.
4. Reset the modem. Use a paper clip and insert it into the RESET pinhole in the modem's back panel and press it 3 times. Then turn off the modem for a minute and turn it back on. Check if the power light will turn solid green.
Turn everything off for 2 minutes, cable modem, router and pc.
Turn on modem and wait 2 minutes for the modem to sync to TW. Turn on router after 2 mins and wait until the router syncs with the modem. Turn on PC It sounds like your router lost its connection to the cable modem, which happens from time to time. TW will not help with your router. I worked for a cable co and the router and modem losing sync was the at least 70% of the calls. FYI cable doesn't use DSL,just the phone co.
You dont need both. Do the following: Unplug your speedtouch from the phone line at the back of the speedtouch unit. Plug that cable into your Zoom. Then plug one end of an ethernet cable into router and one end into your PC.
Type http://10.0.0.2 into a web browser (eg. Firefox or Internet
explorer) username/password is admin/zoomadsl go to basic setup and
input your ISP username and password (the one given to you by your
internet provider) under PPP. Click configure my connection. Save
changes and then write to flash (both buttons on bottom of page)
Unplug the plug (from phoneline) on back of USB modem, plug into Zoom router. Plug one end of an ethernet cable into router and one end into your PC. Type http://10.0.0.2 into a web browser (eg. Firefox or Internet explorer) username/password is admin/zoomadsl go to basic setup and input your ISP username and password (the one given to you by your internet provider) under PPP. Click configure my connection. Save changes and then write to flash (both buttons on bottom of page)
you need a ethernet network card, if you want it connected to the x6 directly, or you can get a wireless card for the desktop.
the instruction for setup the x6 is straightforward. but you need to follow it to the letter, otherwise it won't work.
the internet light, is usually a blinking green, showing that it's seeing the internet signal. The only reason it's red, is cause there's no net signal..double check the phone line going into the back of your router, and change it if you need to. check your computers warranty here 4 FREE