Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

What is the reason for high voltage fuse to blow outon microwave.

Lamona microwave model Hja 7020

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

John Snow

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 788 Answers

The only reason for any fuse to "blow" open is a direct short. The most common reason, in a microwave oven, is the Magnetron. This is the device that generates the microwaves. If this is the case, repair is not very economical.
If you have a volt meter or a device that can check for resistance, check for anything that is shorted or "0" Ohms to ground.
I hope that his helps answer your question.
If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Posted on Mar 01, 2015

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

Whirlpool microwave fuse has blown multiple times

It depends on which fuse and when it blows. Wish you had mentioned that.

But usually it's a defective door switch or door switch mount.

If the fuse blows at random times while it's cooking, it may just be a loose fuse holder. Those have to be replaced due to metal fatigue, not just squeezed tight with pliers.

If it blows as soon as you hit "Start" to begin cooking, you have a shorting high voltage capacitor.

If it blows when you open or close the door, you have a loose or defective door switch or latch.

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
0helpful
1answer

Microwave keeps blowing fuse

There are three possibilities, a bad magnetron, high voltage capacitor, and diode. In rare cases the high voltage transformer will be an issue but unlikely, if the microwave oven is more than 5 years old consideration should be given in replacement.
0helpful
1answer

Have power at the outlet, nothing to the unit. worked fine last night. no clock no child reset not nothing. is there a fuse somewhere or a safety device?

There is a main fuse in the microwave oven, it is located under the keypad near the high voltage capacitor "silver and rectangular in shape" make sure unit is unplugged and dis-charge the high voltage capacitor for safety. I find the reason in most cases, that the fuse will blow if there is a defective door switch.
0helpful
1answer

Kenmore Micro/Oven fuse keeps blowing

Disconnect the connector to the primary winding of the high voltage transformer. Put a new fuse . If the fuse is not blowing the problem may be in the secondary side of the high voltage transformer. Chek the highvoltage diode, capacitor, magnetron respectively. you can also check the primary winding of the low voltage transformer.
0helpful
1answer

Microwave emerson not turning ON

That makes it sound like a bad high voltage transformer.

Do you detect any burning smell?

Do the windings of the high voltage transformer seem blued or blackened?

They should be copper colored or maybe a little darker due to the varnish.
0helpful
1answer

Sharp R-9H66C Microwave Convection blowing fuses

check high voltage transformer and high voltage diodes, condencer, and magnetron.,
0helpful
1answer

Whirlpool Microwave Model MH6130EQ0

If the fuse blows as soon as you hit START, then it's likely that you have a shorted high-voltage capacitor. If the fuse blows a few seconds after you hit START, then it's likely that you have an overheating / shorting high-voltage transformer. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
1helpful
1answer

Replace fuse

The fuse is generally located on the bottom of the chassis of the microwave. You have to remove the outer cover on a counter top model - or the front panel assembly on an over-the-range model. There are several reasons why it may blow. If the fuse is loose in the holder, the fuse and the holder should both be replaced. If - with the microwave disconnected from the wall - you can easily turn the fuse with your fingers while it's in the holder, then it's too loose. What happens is the loose connection generates too much heat, causing it to melt internally. If so, you'll usually see a ball of solder at a point where the cap meets the body of the fuse. If the fuse blows as soon as you plug the oven in the wall, or when you open the door, the problem is likely with the door switches. You can find my files "doorsw.txt" and "safety'txt" via Google. They give you the safety warnings and cover the diagnosis and replacement of the door switches. If the fuse blows as soon as you hit START, then it's likely that you have a shorted high-voltage capacitor. If the fuse blows a few seconds after you hit START, then it's likely that you have an overheating / shorting high-voltage transformer. If you still have a problem, please wirte back with more detail. Be safe!
Not finding what you are looking for?

187 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

Marvin
Marvin

Level 3 Expert

85241 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6611 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

28867 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...