Question about Kohler 20resa 20kw Home Emergency Backup Generator
Traced out emergency stop wires by manual and everything looked good. Tried to reset code. Original installer did not have 120 volts ran to the generator. After running 120 volts to generator tried resetting faults. Codes will not reset and generator will not start
There are too emergency stop sensors on generators
one is over load
the other is low oil level in the sump (Low oil pressure)
That sensor is known to trigger and activate the emergency stop so check it out after you check the oil level in the sump
Posted on May 12, 2015
Check battery volatge while you are cranking engine if voltage drops below 9 vdc you have a bad battery. If it doesn't you probable have a bad starting solenoid or a bad ground at the starting solenoid.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
Can't search for a manual without model, type, serial, etc numbers...
A few things to take a look at:
1) Oil level / pressure sending unit. This is normally bypassed as long as the start switch is pressed. When engine starts, and switch is released, engine will die if sending unit is defective, or you are low on oil.
2) Exhaust temperature sensors. Older units were notorious for burning these up.
3) Cooling Water Temperature sensor. These cause trouble often, but mostly due to water pump impeller being eaten away by galvanic action and not able to pump water as effecively. End result is water temp higher than normal, which trips the switch, which kills the engine.
4) Alternator (generator) output not as it should. If output doesn't rise to proper level within a few seconds of engine start, the engine will be shut down.
5) Choke not working as it should
6) Bad fuel, bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter.
Posted on Jun 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2016 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Mar 24, 2014 | Onan Generator, 6500W, LP Vapor
Nov 07, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 21, 2012 | Generac 13,000 Watt / 13,000 Watt Home...
Jul 23, 2011 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Oct 11, 2010 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Jul 11, 2010 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Mar 11, 2009 | 2000 Ford Escort
577 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: