If you are receiving a "No Signal" error message, verify that:
- All of the cables physically connected to the TV and the input device are secure.
- The input device is turned on.
Your TV needs to scan for channels before it can show programming from an antenna, from cable TV when the cable comes directly from the wall (no cable box), or from a cable or satellite box connected to the TV with a coaxial (RF) cable. Do not
scan for channels if you have a cable or satellite box connected using AV (Composite), Component, or HDMI cables. The box selects the channel, not the tuner inside your television. If you are not using the "TV" input, press the INPUT button on your remote until the correct input mode is selected.
To perform a channel scan using the coaxial input:
- Press the INPUT button on your remote to view your current input source. The TV (coaxial cable) input must be selected. This may appear as "TV," "ANT," or the channel and call letters of a station.
- If the TV input is not selected, press INPUT until the TV input mode is selected.
- Open the on-screen menu and select TV or Tuner option. (This varies by model.)
- Highlight Tuner Mode and select the correct option:
- Antenna-over-the air signals from an antenna
- Cable-direct from the wall cable TV, or a cable or satellite box connected to the TV with coaxial cable
- Select Auto Search or Auto Channel Scan. (This varies by model.)
- When the search reaches 100% complete, exit to the menu.
- Check the available channels:
- Antenna or direct-from-wall cable-Press the Channel Up and Channel Down buttons on your VIZIO TV remote to view the available channels.
- Cable or satellite box- Will return only one channel. Use the cable or satellite remote's Channel Up and Channel Down buttons.
If this does not resolve the issue, power cycle the TV and then re-run the channel scan:
- Turn off the TV.
- Unplug the TV from the electrical outlet.
- While the TV is unplugged from the wall, press and hold the Power button on the TV for 30 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Plug the TV back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the TV.
Note: There is also an option to reset the TV to the factory default settings. This option is in either the SETUP or SYSTEM section of the on-screen menu. The option may be "Reset all settings", "System Reset," or "Reset & Admin." Consult your TV's user manual for the location and steps for resetting your model.
- Remove the coaxial cable from the DTV/TV connector on the back of your television and perform a channel scan to clear the existing channels. See the procedure above. This should not find any channels.
- Re-attach the coaxial cable to the DTV/TV connector and perform a new channel scan.
This video shows troubleshooting steps to use when a "No signal" message appears.