Question about Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
SOURCE: microwave not turning on
first thing I would suggest is a hard reset. Unplug the unit for a
minute or so. Then plug it back in, set the clock and try again.
If you still have trouble, since it's less than one year old, it should be fully covered under warranty. I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to get it fixed free.
For more help from Emerson visit here or get help using your appliance at 1-800-898-9020. Get help locating a servicer or parts at 1-800-695-0098.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
SOURCE: Emerson Microwave MW8115SS
I bought my emerson microwave 3 years ago model# mw8115ss from walmart and have had all the problems that everyone has talked about and I thought about throwing it away until I thought about one small detail, the FUSE. China uses junky glass fuses that burst instantly with a slight power outage, door slamming to hard, moving it around, and of course constant use like myself always heating up water for bottles. I took the back of the microwave off and walla!!! a blown fuse, but wait!!! dont buy another glass fuse!!! go to your local home depot and get the ceramic fuse for microwave ovens!!! they are $2.83 at my local home depot. I replaced the junky glass fuse with the ceramic one and it has worked perfectly for six months now.
DONT let someone tell you that you cant replace a glass fuse with a ceramic one because they are full of boloney. My microwave did all kinds of things, it wouldnt turn sometimes, it would come on by itself, it would beep for no reason, turn but not heat up, you name it I had the problem. When a fuse starts to go out it can make your appliances do some strange things, check the fuse and replace it with a CERAMIC one and I promise it should eliminate your problem.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Have 1 of 2 choices, the main fuse or the control board for the front switches and clock. primary of the small power transformer has opened. Unplug the unit and take case off and measure the fuse with an ohm meter. if u read 1 ohm or less then fuse is good. then measure across the main power plug tips. If read open then the power transformer is bad. Need to replace the board as not sure if transformer is available.
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
That would be a faulty magnetron if it dos not heat. It should have 1 year manufacture's warrant and a 30 day store warranty.
Posted on Jun 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Basic Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Usually answered in minutes!