Question about Computers & Internet
I just bought product and when I connected it to my laptop fan won't start.
In what way is it connected to you laptop?
From what I understand, you have to connect it through the mini-USB port to an USB port on your laptop. The other USB ports are for using it as an USB hub.
Posted on Nov 14, 2014
Have you followed the Guided Troubleshooting steps provided on the HP Support web site?
These will take you through a series of checks and decisions to try to isolate the cause of the problem along the following lines:
1. Are you sure you are plugged in to a good power outlet - can you plug a lamp in and does it work?
2. Are you sure that you are using the right power adapter for this laptop, is it the original HP block supplied with the laptop or is it a replacement - if the latter, then does it supply the correct output voltage and watts required by the laptop.
3. Are you sure the problem is not just the laptop display being dead, i.e. have you tried attaching an external display, do you get any leds light on the laptop for power, disk activity etc?
4. Have you tried removing the battery from the laptop and connecting the power adapter with it removed to prove that the battery is not preventing the laptop from powering on?
5. Have you disconnected all external devices from the laptop, in particular docking station, printers, USB devices etc to ensure that no external device is preventing it from powering on?
6. Do you have another power adapter that you can try using - are there any lights on the power adapter to show that it is working?
Posted on Jan 05, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2014 | Cooler Master Coolermaster Rs600-pcare3-us...
Jun 02, 2014 | Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance II...
May 26, 2011 | Cooler Master NotePal U2 Notebook Cooler ...
Feb 10, 2011 | Cooler Master (CAC-T05-UW) (CAC-T05-UWA)...
Oct 25, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 12, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
Mar 05, 2010 | Cooler Master (CAC-T05-UW) (CAC-T05-UWA)...
Jan 13, 2010 | Cooler Master (CAC-T05-UW) (CAC-T05-UWA)...
Apr 21, 2009 | Tripp Lite (NC2003SR) Laptop Cooler
Usually answered in minutes!