HITACHI 65XWX20B - How to disassemble the cabinet?
The 65XWX20B comes apart in 2 pieces - there is a top half and a bottom half.
- The bottom half houses all of the electronics, projection lenses, etc. It is very heavy and should be moved with care.
- The top half is basically just the screen.
I have moved this Television multiple times, even up and down from a 3rd floor apartment!
- First remove the screws holding the top and the bottom, the important ones are on the sides of the TV.
- This is important, I suggest 3 people do this part: Slowly lift the top away from the bottom half of the TV, but -not- very far. There is small wiring harness that that attaches the top of the TV to the bottom to a circuit board. This must be unplugged by one person while the other 2 hold the top half of the TV slightly above the bottom half. Note carefully where this plugs in so that you can reassemble easily.
- Once this is disconnected the TV is much easier to move, although still quite heavy and bulky. Do not turn the TV on its side - keep it upright while moving.
Reverse this process to put it back together.
Once you have done it once it is quite easy.
Jul 29, 2008 |
Hitachi Director's Series 65XWX20B 65"...