Question about Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
How do i fit a new battery that i have
Posted by Anonymous on
I managed to overcome the problem by doing a factory reset. Unfortunately doing this initially created more problems in that on reboot the main screen appearance looked as it should but was almost inoperable. When the usb cable was connected to my pc the disc did appear on My Computer . The system folder was only 1MB. By good fortune I had copied and saved my Archos files before I carried out the factory reset. Copying the original system files ( about 20MB) back to my Archos returned normal behaviour. Further, two additional buttons appeared. One was a manual arclibrary update button and the other a USB setup button . I cannot get file transfer to operate under windows media player mode and Windows media player 11. No problem though. I use PC hard drive mode and carry out a manual arclibrary update. None of this was possible prior to the factory reset. I believe I would still be having serious problems had I not saved and restored my system files
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
SOURCE: Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media
This is generally due to failed firmware updates, etc....here is something to try that has worked for some others:
1. connect the archos to the PC
2. click on repair
3. click on done and wait for a few seconds and you will see the archos as a drive in your windows (be patiant it takes some time)
4. once you see the drive, open it and make sure the System folder is empty, if not delete the file that exists there.
5. download firmware from archos website and put the firmware update file directly on the root of the archos drive
6. click repair again on the archos and done.
I've been told this does not always work on the first attempt, so give it a couple of tries if the first attempt fails.
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!