Question about Frigidaire Affinity ATF6000F Front Load Washer
After washing a load of clothes, the fabric softener dispenser fills with water. I have to empty the tray after each wash to be able to fill with fabric softener for the next wash. We have had this machine for 7 years and this just started last week.
Posted by Anonymous on
Remove dispenser and clean the drain hole from under neath try with q tip.sounds gunked up.
Posted on Nov 28, 2014
SOURCE: Dispenser tray removal
hi, nikoltheis! i'm not sure if we have exactly the same model, but it should be pretty close. here's what my user's manual says:
Detergent and fabric softner may build up in the dispenser drawer. Residue should be removed once or twice a month
- Remove the drawer by first sliding the safety latch to the right, then pulling the drawer out until it stops.
- Reach back into the left rear corner or the drawer cavity and press down firmly on the lock tab (left rear portion of the drawer). Pull out the drawer.
- Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softner compartments.
- Rinse the drawer and inserts with hot tap water to remove traces of accumulated powders and liquids. Large amounts of fabric softner residue may indicate improper dilution or that more frequent cleaning is required.
- To clean the drawer opening (the empty area left behind when you remove the drawer) use a small brush to clean the recess. Remove all the residue from the upper and lower parts of the recess. (The picture shows this being done with a tooth brush.)
- Replace the insert pressing "X" to lock it in place. Return the dispenser drawer.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
SOURCE: Fabric softener dispenser
remove top of machine, there is a arm running across from programe dail, to drawer despenser,its spring loaded it determines which compartment the water gos into,check it
Posted on Nov 25, 2007
it sounds like your water valve is bad or you pressure switch is bad or hose from pressure switch to tub is cloged
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
My wife reported the same problem and I took the top off the washer (2 screws at rear of washer and top slides forward) . Under the top on the left front side behind is the dispenser. On the top is a click adjuster similar to a clock hand pointer and in the center is a tick mark and off to the left side is (-) marks for reduced dispensing and to the right (+) marks for increasing dispensing. I moved the pointer all the way to the plus side and after a few loads the dispenser works fine. I assume over time the different fluids (fabric softener, detergent, etc) tend to gum up the valve mechanism. If this doesn't work I would try pouring some very hot water in it to try and loosen things up. After you try all the free thing, I guess the last option is a new dispenser.
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
SOURCE: front load washer
HI. your model has a dispenser solenoid for the fabric softener dispenser on this unit. If the solenoids are out or malfunctioning, it will render the dispenser useless. i recommend checking the solenoids on the fabric softener dispenser for continuity. The resistance should be 1100+- 7%. replacing this blown solenoid will fix this issue. Remember. the dispenser valve will not function without a working solenoid.
please rate and god bless.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2014 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Feb 24, 2014 | Bosch Washing Machines
Jan 02, 2018 | Maytag Washing Machines
The Fabric dispenser needs to have the hot and cold water at equal pressure for the fabric softener dispenser to operate properly.
1. Turn on the hot water fill then cold water fill at the washer. If the Wash Sense or temperature sensing is on it needs to be off.
Mar 03, 2013 | Electrolux EWFLW65H 4.7 Cu. Ft. Washer
Apr 13, 2012 | Whirlpool GHW9400 Front Load Washer
Feb 15, 2009 | Bosch Logixx WFT 2806 Front Load...
Dec 17, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 27, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 29, 2007 | Washing Machines
1,421 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: