Question about Xerox WorkCentre M118 Black and White Copier
Can somebody help me how to reset drum counter? Or is it enough just to replace drum cartridge chip? or after replacing chip i need to do something else?
Posted by Anonymous on
SOURCE: Our xerox M118 showing an
Your Xerox has two cartridges - one is the drum cartridge and the other is a toner cartridge. Please check the following I've researched from your user guide:
Replacing the Drum Cartridge
The drum cartridge is a customer replaceable unit. After approximately 55,000 copies/
prints, the machine will display a warning message before the drum reaches the end of
life. Order a replacement cartridge now to insure continuous operation.
Country Part Number for the drum cartridge replacement
All countries 13R589
Removing the Old Drum Cartridge
1. Pull the front cover towards you to open it.
2. Open Tray 5 (bypass tray) if necessary, and then open Cover A while lifting up
the release lever.
3. Lift up the colored lever, and slide the drum cartridge out until you can lift the
handle on top of the cartridge.
4. Hold the handle and remove the cartridge from the machine.
NOTE: When replacing the drum cartridge, make sure that the new cartridge is the
correct one specified for the machine.
Recycling the Drum Cartridge
The drum cartridge is designed to be re-manufactured. To recycle used drum
cartridges, return them to Xerox in the original packaging. Return labels are included
with each new cartridge.
Inserting the New Drum Cartridge
1. Remove the new drum cartridge from the box.
2. Undo the sealing tape and carefully pull out in the direction of the arrow to
remove the black protective sheet from the cartridge.
3. Place the cartridge in position and, using the handle, slide it into the
machine until it clicks.
4. Pull out the cartridge tape completely without breaking it.
5. Push the cartridge again so that it is correctly placed.
6. Close Cover A until it latches and then close Tray 5 (bypass tray).
7. Close the front cover.
Hope this helps. Good luck.
Posted on Dec 11, 2008
Make sure the copy cartridges are fully in place all the way in. Check to be sure you have a "New" cartridge and the plastic cover has been completely removed from the toner hole. Sometimes they break and the toner will not go into the drum, causing problems.
Sometimes the side door is not closed with both hands and causes the spring plugger not to fully go in correctly. The plunger breaks and will not open the cover on the copy cartridge. This causes other mechanical binds you cannot see.
Extra care is needed when closing this side door.
On this machine sometimes you need a Xerox service call to make repairs and replacements of broken parts and to ensure the copy cartridge is functioning well.
It might not be related to the toner sensor but due to updates the machine software can be made to make changes in the way the machine operates.
This can only be done with a Xerox laptop computer by the Xerox service representative.
This will fix scanner timing problems at startup due to software update changes.
I don't mean to give you another information, but will help you decide if you need to make other decisions in the future.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
1. turn off XD125f
2. Turn on
3. within 4 seconds press, clear, auto, clear, auto. LED Should go blank,
if not try again
4. use copy quantity keys to enter 24, then push start
5. Again use copy quantity keys to enter 7, then push start
6. turn off
when you restart the cartridge count will be set to zero
I have done this twice and never replaced the drum cartridge.
Posted on Jun 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2014 | Xerox WorkCentre M118 Black and White...
Jan 23, 2014 | Xerox Phaser® 860, 8200 Standard Capacity...
Nov 30, 2012 | Xerox WorkCentre 7228 7235 7245 7328 7335...
Nov 12, 2010 | Xerox DocuColor 3535 Copier
Aug 19, 2010 | Xerox WorkCentre Pro 416DC Copier
Feb 20, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 6125 Laser Printer
Dec 11, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre M118 Black and White...
Apr 25, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre XD130DF Laser Printer
766 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!