My iphone 2g only shows the apple for 10 seconds then shuts down
This could be indicative of a couple if different issues. First of all, was the iPhone working prior to this happening? If so, then chances are that the battery is low or perhaps a bad firmware OS update is to blame.
Has this iPhone been jailbroken? This can also lead to startup/freezing issues.
The best solution would be to start the iPhone in recovery mode. To do so, please follow the steps below closely and your iPhone will recover like new. (Please note, before proceeding to the steps, your iPhone will be wiped clean and restored with the newest version of the firmware OS. This will also delete all of the data on the iPhone).
1. Make sure your computer is powered on (and has iTunes installed), with the iPhone USB cable in place. (Do not connect the iPhone yet).
2. WIth the iPhone completely off, connect the USB cable to the iPhone and hold down the Home button at the same time.
3. Continue to hold down the Home button and the iPhone should power on normally.
4. After about a minute, the iTunes logo should appear on the iPhone and your computer should detect the iPhone as entering recovery mode.
5. Your computer should open iTunes and allow you to restore your iPhone.
6. Click the Restore button and the computer will download the latest version of the firmware OS (3.1.3, as of this writing) and when it's done downloading, it will install it on your iPhone.
7. Once complete, your iPhone will reboot and should be restore to its original factory standards.
8. You'll then be able to reactivate it and sync your data back to the iPhone from your most recent backup (if you have one).
If the iPhone continues to power off after 10 seconds, you may have a faulty logic board or power connector on your iPhone that is preventing the iPhone from charging the battery completely. A faulty battery may also be the culprit, especially on older model iPhones and iPods.
Mar 18, 2010 |
Apple iPhone Smartphone