Question about Canon PIXMA MG3520 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Photo Print
It will print from computer but will not copy. Triangle blinks orange 2 times but stops if I hot stop button whats up
Posted by Anonymous on
SOURCE: Orange light blinking
Hey guys, I finally brought my ip4500, not ip4300 1month ago, and am having the same problem. I experimented with the printer inks. And finally i have fixed this problem. I suspect it may work for ip4300, or other similar pixmas as well. Please follow at your own risk.
The printer error led flashes 15 times. And, The ink tank lights are flashing endlessly, or does not light up at all. If the ink light is off, it does not mean that the chip is corrupt.... Do not replace it, like i have. lol.
Problem: one or more of the inktank chips are corrupt. If at least one cartridge is corrupt, the printer will not work. Must purchase corrupted ink cartridge, or call canon for replacement.
Solution: Instead of buying a complete set of ink, find out which ink cartridge is corrupt, and needs replacing:
1.put all ink tank into the printer without the chip. close printer cover. computer should alert that "the following ink tank cannot be recognised. Printing cannot be executed because the ink tank...." You should see a picture of the ink in the alert box.
The picture in the warning box shows that the black, black. yellow, magenta, cyan are not inserted.
2.Starting with the blue ink, remove blue ink from the printer, reinsert chip into ink tank, then put the ink tank back into the printer. Close Printer cover. Notice that this time, if the ink chip isn't faulty, computer alerts that only black, black, yellow, magenta are not inserted into your printer.
If it is faulty, then you see another alert box, about unrecognized ink - if so go to step 4.
To test if the chips on the other ink cartridges(tanks) are faulty:
3. Repeat step 2, with the rest of the ink tanks. from right to left(blue, magenta, yellow, pgiblack, black)
4. Purchase corrupt ink tank. or call Canon for a replacement.
lemme know if this helps you.
Posted on Mar 19, 2008
SOURCE: Orange LED blinks 5 times then a 2 second green
If you type in 'flashing power light' in the problem box, for 5 you get print head failure, often it means the connectors between cartridge and print carriage are dirty, can be cleaned with a pencil eraser and a soft cloth. there is a sequence of checks and repairs to follow on the canon service page
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
SOURCE: Canon S300 printer. 7 orange blinks, 1 green. I
According to the manual found here:
7 orange lights represents a bad print head, and the printer will need serviced or replacement. Since printers are so cheap lately, I would just go shopping. Hope this helps! Thanks!
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
SOURCE: Cannon ip3000 power button blinks orange 5 times,
This is how to reset your printer.
Reset Procedures for Canon Printers
Posted on Oct 27, 2009
SOURCE: Canon 1560 error - orange light blinking 5 times
It's mean "Print head not installed/Defective print head".First open cover and remove the ink cartridges.Then open holder and remove the print head.Clean the contacts on printer and print head using piece of cotton and some alcohol.Then put back all again.If the problem persist you need to replace the print head.It's part number now is QY6-0064, because the old QY6-0042 is discontinued.
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
printer powered off but connected on power source , you must:
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button.
Waste ink full reset These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: