An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: sonyplaystation2 model scph 70002
Check you 1st posting and please check Solved on this one. The solution I placed on your first posting will work. You gave me a Almost there vote on the last posting and it cut my rating. You cannot change it. By Clicking solved on this one will counter your almost there vote.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi,the unit needs to have the laser reader lens cleaned but DONT use regular rubbing alcohol. Get pure stuff....the rubbing type leaves a glare on glass and plastic lenses. Also ,the chrome rails that the laser moves along need to be cleaned and lubed with liquid silicone. This method clears read problems most of the time.
when a disk reader refuses to spin, sometimes it might be from the motor mechanism that allows it to spin when you insert a disk inside the disk reader is damaged that's might be the reason it does not spin.
You can check both the lens and the mechanism to be such which needs to be replaced.
If the system has never been opened then 95% of the time the laser lens has when out, the other 5% would be a bad motor that eather spins the disc or moves the laser carriage . I repair these all the time.
are you a cute blond? i give you alot of credit, but your going about it wrong. 1.you need to know if there is red/blue coming out of the laser. 2.is the laser focusing (moving up and down) 3.the spindle height has to be at the correct height for the laser to read the disk (thus spinning it) and the spindle also had had problems with this unit. (you can clean it up ) 4. once it spins the disk it has to read the TOC (table of contents)which means it has to move to the inner most part of the cd 5 send me you name address and if your busy friday! lol
if the laser is moved to the middle of the area and when you first turn it on it doesn't go back to starting possession's then some thing is wrong with the motor drive more than not it's likely you have a crack in the board.
The laser not moving sounds like the connection from the motor that moves the laser to the motherboard has become dsiconected. You can usually get movement of the laser, and the only reason is something is wrong with the motor or its connection to the motherboard.