Question about Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Black marks on right side of paper
Posted by Anonymous on
I finally figured it out (with Dell Tech Support's help)! When you replace the drum, you MUST reset the counter as well. All you have to do is:
1) Turn off the power using the switch on the back of the printer. Open the front door of the printer.
2) Hold Continue button down, power on the printer, and continue to holding Continue down until the LEDs begin to flash. When the LEDs start to flash, release Continue button. The LEDs will continue flashing until only Error LED will be lit.
3) Close the front door. Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load Paper LEDs should be lit.
4) Wait till the printer completes the POST process. POST is complete when fan noise and rollers stops. After POST wait for 5 seconds
5) Press Cancel button 4 times slowly until the Toner Low LED is lit. This is the procedure resetting the counter.
6) Press and hold Continue until all LEDs begin to cycle in sequence, then release Continue. Now only the Toner Low LED will be lit.
7) Cycle the power of the printer (turn it off and then back on).
GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!!
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
The transfer roller may have toner on it that is making that mess. Remove the toner and drum, look inside the printer, there is a grey roller towards the back of the printer. Is there toner on the right hand side that corresponds to the print out? If there is, cleaning it may only make it worse. Replacing it would be the best solution. You would want to make sure that the drum is clean after replacing the roller, if it is not ,then it will transfer to this roller once again.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2016 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Dec 23, 2010 | RTO Quinton Cardiology Atria 6100 Ecg...
Feb 15, 2010 | Schiller Welch Allyn Cardiovit At 2...
May 26, 2009 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
Mar 16, 2009 | Brother HL-5240 Laser Printer
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!