I have an Rca tablet and can't use it anymore because when I go to turn it on it tells me to enter my password to encrypt storage and I have never had a password on the device. How do I fix this?
If it has Windows, you can buy a password CD online that will get you inside the computer to reset the password. If it is Andriod, here are instructions for a Motorola unit that should be the same because it's an Andriod specific problem.
These are not _my_ instructions. Credit goes to person named at bottom of instructions.
Andoid cell phone reset
Here are the steps to perform a hard reset in your device:
1. Switch off the device.
2. Now press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up + Power button, and release them, when you see menu of Bootloader Mode.
3. Then select option "Recovery" from the menu, using Volume Down, then press Volume Up.
4. When you see Android with triangle, then press together Volume Up + Volume Down.
5. After that select option "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to browse option, and Power button to confirm operation.
6. Choose option "Yes -- delete all user data" and accept with Power button.
7. Press Power button to select option "reboot system now".
May 18, 2015 |
Tablets & eReaders