Question about RIM Blackberry Playbook with 64GB Internal Memory Dualcore 1GHz Processor Tablet
Posted by Anonymous on
How to recover a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry smartphone
Something important to keep in mind when recovering a BlackBerry ID password is that you will need to use the BlackBerry Browser on your device or a web browser in order to complete the process. This is a result of a security precaution that prevents the password recovery email from being sent to the device. To recover your BlackBerry ID password, use the BlackBerry smartphone browser or a computer to follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the BlackBerry ID password recovery page
2. Enter the email address that you used to register your BlackBerry ID and fill out the CAPTCHA characters
3. A confirmation page will appear stating "A request to reset your password has been submitted"
4. Open the mailbox for your email address on the computer or by logging into the mailbox\webmail using the BlackBerry Browser and click on the BlackBerry ID password reset email (it can be identified by the sender: [email protected])
Note: Don't forget to check your spam/junk folder in the event that you do not see this email in your inbox.
5. In the body of the email, click the link after the heading "To change your BlackBerry ID password, simply visit"
6. The link will open a new page in your web browser, enter your new BlackBerry ID password in both fields and click Submit
7. You have successfully recovered your BlackBerry ID password!
How to recover a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry Playbook tablet
To recover your BlackBerry ID password using a BlackBerry Playbook tablet, follow the steps below. Something to keep in mind is that you may be asked for the answer to the security question that you created during the initial setup of your BlackBerry ID.
1. On your BlackBerry Playbook tablet, open "Options" by taping the gear in the top right corner of the Home Screen
2. From the menu on the left tap "BlackBerry ID"
3. Tap the Pencil icon to the right of "Change Password"
4. Tap "Forgot password?"
5. Enter your password recovery question which you created when the B BID was initially set up and tap "OK"
. Open "Messages" on your BlackBerry Playbook tablet or log into your mailbox/web mail using the BlackBerry Playbook tablet browser and select the email from [email protected]
7. In the body of the email, click the link after the heading "To change your BlackBerry ID password, simply visit"
8. The link will open the web browser on the device, enter the new password in both fields and tap "Submit".
Posted on Jul 23, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 20, 2014 | Research In Motion Blackberry Curve 9320 -...
May 29, 2014 | RIM Blackberry Curve 9320 Smartphone -...
Mar 20, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 09, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Oct 25, 2011 | Cell Phones
Jul 14, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!