Question about Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-24FS120 24" TV
Standyby light blinks 2x and then screen black out for about 1 sec and comes back on. Like someone is turing the tv on and off quickly. I have tried plugging directly into power source, unplugging and plugging back in etc. PLEASE HELP!! Everything else works fine. Thanks in advance
The most common problem (I have fixed lots) is the Vertical amplifier has developed a loose connection. It probably just needs resoldering. As things expand it makes and looses connection you picture goes in and out. The vertical chip is a large black chip that gets hot, over time it degrades the solder until a connection is damaged. Most newer sets have a protection circuit that senses the lack of height, and shuts down the picture tube to save it. When the picture dropped to a line on older TVs and left that way too long it would burn a line into the face of the picture tube. You then had to have the picture tube replaced along with the vertical amp. it's kinda like a screensaver for your TV.
Posted on Feb 02, 2008
You can also try a hard reset: Unplug TV from AC mains and remove all cables from TV. Wait about 30 minutes and replug to AC power and redo the cabling. Switch on the TV and see if it works..
If you are having some problems with your Sony Television, then this post is for you. Generally speaking, when there is trouble with your Sony Television set -- it indicates the issue in either the diagnostic mode, or even more commonly by flashing a series of LED blinks or flashes on the front of your television. Each set or frequency of the blinks indicates a very specific problem with the television itself. In some cases, you may be able to repair the television set yourself -- or in the worst case you may need to order parts, call a local repair shop to the have a repairman sent out, or even purchase a new television set.
First off, here are the list of codes and what they generally mean on my set (which applies to many recent model Sony Television sets. Sony has provided a "self-diagnosis function" with your TV, that in the case of abnormalities or problems the LED or red blinking light on the Timer/Standby indicator flashes a number of times to indicate the issue. Here are the values of the various blinks.
* 0 times, Diagnosis: Power does not turn on. Possible causes include: Power cord is not plugged in, Fuse is burned out (F6001) (G board). Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, No power is supplied to the unit, AC power supply is faulty.
* 2 times, Diagnosis: B overcurrent (OCP). Possible causes: H. OUT (Q8024) is shorted. (D board), +B PWM (Q8035, 8038) is shorted. (D board) Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, Load on power line is shorted.
* 3 times, Diagnosis: +B overvoltage (OVP). Possible causes: IC501 is faulty (G board), IC5002 is faulty (G board). Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby mode.
* 4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
* 5 times, Diagnosis: White balance failure (Not balanced) Possible causes: Video out (IC7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive (IC309) is faulty (A board), G2 is improperly adjusted. Symptoms of the problem: No raster is generated, CRT cathode current detection reference pulse output is small.
* 6 times, Diagnosis: LOW B OCP/OVP (Overcurrent/over voltage). Possible causes: +5 line is overloaded. (A, B boards), +5 line is shorted. (A, B boards). Symptoms of the problem: No picture.
* 7 times, Diagnosis: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)
* 8 times, Diagnosis: High voltage error. Possible cause: T8005 is faulty. (D board)
* 9 times, Diagnosis: Audio error. Possible causes: +- 19V line is shorted. (A, B boards), IC708 is faulty. (A board), PS701 or PS702 is opened. (A board). Symptoms of the problem: No sound
If you would like to attempt a DIY, you will need a service manual to guide you. You can find one here:
However, be aware that there are voltages inside your TV set that can kill, even if unplugged.
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
SOURCE: tv prob
This is the common symptom of defected IC memory 24COxx,replaced this IC so it will works normal again.
Feel free to ask whatever the result...
Hope this may help you;
DON"T FORGET TO RATE:
Posted on Sep 04, 2008
Hello,For model KV-40XBR800,
Pls check following area.
Low HV Shutdown:
On the D Board.
Check IC8004/pin 7 should be 7.4v.
Check IC8006/pin 2 should be 2.5v if lower will trigger shutdown by causing pin 1 to turn on.
Check IC8006/pin 3 reference voltage 2.2v.
IC8006/pin 1 normally at 0v. If high
turns D5007 ON which turns the latch circuit Q6532,
Q6530, and Q6527 ON and turns the AC relay RY6501 OFF.
And NOTE: 6 blinks also can be Low B+ protection.
Unregulated 7.5 v from the power supply to 5v reg IC504 on the A Board. 5v to M Board Q2314
to CPU IC2300/pin 43. If 5v missing set will shutdown with 6 blinks.
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
I'm having the same problem. My stand-by light blinks 3 times though. The tv clicks as if it is going to turn on, but it never does. Is there a simple solution to this problem?
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: