You may want to print this out because it is long.
Adding codes is really pretty simple.
First Add a System Manager code:
Next add user codes:
- Press the 'additional functions' button to the right of the touch screen.
- Press the 'system settings' button ON the touch screen.
- Press the 'system manager settings' button on the touch screen.
- Press the 'system manager' button on the touch screen and then
use the touch screen to enter the system manager's name. Press 'done'
when you have finished.
- Press the 'system manager id' button on the touch screen and
use the numeric keypad located to the right of the touch screen to
create the id.
- Press the 'system password' button on the touch screen and
enter a numeric password for the system manager. YOU SHOULD MAKE A NOTE
OF THE SYSTEM MANAGER ID AND PASSWORD, AS THIS WILL BE NEEDED TO CHANGE
- Press 'next' on the touch screen.
- Press 'email address' to add an email address for the system manager.
- Press 'contact information' to add an extension to reach the system manager at.
- Press 'ok' to complete the process.
- Press 'done'.
After this process users will have to enter a user id to use the
machine. At the end of the copying process users should press the 'id'
key located at the bottom right of the keypad to logout. The machine
will automatically log users out if there has been no activity for a
few minutes and this can be changed by pressing 'timer settings' in the
- Press the 'additional functions' button
- Press 'system settings' button on the touch screen.
- Press 'department id management' on the touch screen.
- Press the 'on button' on the touch screen.
- Press the 'store dept. id / password' button on the touch screen.
- Press 'store' on the touch screen.
- Press 'department id' on the touch screen and then enter a numeric code using the keypad.
- If you want additional security you can also set up a password
by pressing 'password' on the touch screen and, using the numeric
keypad again, enter the password. The password can be left blank if
- Additionally you can set an impression limit for that user by pressing 'impression limit' on the touch screen.
- Press 'ok' on the touch screen to add the user.
- If you wish to limit impressions then you must press the 'limit impress.' Button on the touch screen.
- If you want to add more users at this time go back to step 6.
- Press the 'done' button.
- Press the 'off' button at the bottom of the touch screen next to 'accept jobs with unknown id.
- Click 'ok' to complete the process and start using the copier or go back to step 5 to add more users.
While this seems like a lot it actually doesn't take very long to
do. There is a far more elegant set of instructions in the 'reference
guide' that came with the machine, which includes pictures, and starts
on page 4-2.