Question about Hotpoint Ultima WF865 Front Load Washer
Machine finished cycle but the door will not open, there is no error message
Posted by Anonymous on
Press the start cancel button for at least 2 seconds, switch off, leave for 2 mins,switch on again holding the botton for 2 secs, then press start cancel buuton again for at least 2 seconds, hope fully ,this should do ths trick.
Plz rate my solution
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
Do the following.
7. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power. It is a good idea to take digital pictures of the pump assembly before attempting to work on it or remove it so that you can refer back to it when you reassemble the unit or replace it with a new unit at a later date / time.
8. Remove and check the electrical connections to the pump and make sure they are in good order.
9. Remove the connecting hoses, and expect water to drain out and make sure the pipes are not blocked with debris or any object blockage. If they are then clean them thoroughly.
10. Then remove the pump and check motor is OK and that the motor turns OK. Also check that the pump impeller vanes are in good order and not blocked. If necessary replace the pump with a new and identical unit.
11. Carefully reassemble the pump observing the correct placement of gaskets, seals, O Rings, hoses and securing straps, electrical wiring.
12. Reconnect the hoses and then reconnect power and switch the machine on.
Also see additional info to follow.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
SOURCE: door stuck shut hot point wd420
It happened on our machine. The soloution to this for me was to take the lid off (two screws). Unplugged from mains. I found the connector to the door had vibrated off and was just hanging loose. Plugged it back in and it worked straight away.Door opens as normal.
Don't forget to look in the manual for how to get the door open in an emergency
Posted on Apr 04, 2010
SOURCE: Door on WD420 will not open
There is an electrically controlled lock on the door that prevents opening while the machine is in operation, and sometimes for a short period after a cycle has finished.
Sometimes this lock can get stuck and requires some persuasion to release.
This may sound odd but try it:
Make a fist with your hand and bang the door, near the latch, with the side of your fist. Do this firmly, but obviously not so hard that you will damage the door or, more importantly, your hand. This can often release the latch that should have released automatically.
Posted on Apr 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2012 | Washing Machines
Apr 03, 2011 | Maytag Dryers
Dec 06, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Apr 24, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jan 06, 2010 | Washing Machines
Aug 19, 2009 | LG Washing Machines
Jul 11, 2009 | LG Washing Machines
Sep 03, 2008 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!