A "lens error 19" message on a Nikon Coolpix P90 camera typically indicates a problem with the lens mechanism and the camera is unable to extend the lens out of the camera body.
This error code could be caused by a number of factors, such as:
- A mechanical malfunction of the lens mechanism,
- A problem with the lens gears or the drive motor that extends the lens,
- Obstruction in the lens barrel that is preventing it from extending properly,
- A malfunction in the camera's firmware.
There are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try before seeking professional repair:
- Make sure the camera battery is fully charged.
- Turn off the camera, then remove the battery and memory card. Wait a few minutes, then reinsert the battery and turn the camera back on.
- Gently tapping the camera on a flat surface to dislodge any dirt or debris that might be blocking the lens.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow any dust out of the lens barrel.
- If the lens barrel seems to be twisted, you can try to gently rotate it back into place.
If none of these steps help, it's likely that the camera will need to be repaired by a professional. It's best to contact Nikon customer service or a local camera repair shop for a diagnosis and estimate for repair.
Please note, opening the camera and tampering with the internal component can further damage the camera and will void any warranty it might have