Question about Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
SOURCE: Maintenance kit for Xerox 8500
Contact the company that you purchased the maintenance kit from.
They should have the solution or send you a replacement.
I know of no way to change the Xerox printer to match up with a non Xerox maintenance kit. They would not set the machine up to accept non Xerox products since that voids warranties.
Posted on Jan 15, 2008
SOURCE: xerox xd100
There are a few things to try. If you have been using the device, I'm certain the first one is not it, but power off the machine. Look on the left side in the middle near the top. If there is a silver screw in the device, that needs to be removed. It is the shipping screw to hold the scanner in place when you are moving the device. Next, check your power source. Power off the device and plug it directly into the wall outlet, not into a power strip. The wall outlet needs to be grounded as well. Still have the code? Try the following (this is from the xerox.com support website)
Performing a Fault Reset 1 01 will reset your Scanner, and allow you to check the Scanner for broken parts as it moves.
Posted on Aug 26, 2008
Verify process motor operation with the Process Motor diagnostic
test. Also exercise processes run with the process motor;
transfix, drum maintenance and head tilt. This can be caused by
the power control board. The process motor may have more than
one task initiated. Reset all solenoids and the pressure roller
prior to cycling power.
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
The error is caused by the printhead not being able to tilt, the maintenance kit (oil roller) is driven round by the drum and has no physical connection to the tilt mechanism. Having said that I did once have a machine that had waste wax loose in the machine and when the customer replaced the maintenance kit the loose wax was pushed into the tilt drive gears which are located on the inside frame left hand side, right behind the oil roller. The wax jams the gears making a noise like a machine gun and tilt error 07,010 was the result.
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
Hi I can gave you some error codes but this all I can do hope it be of help to you.
2. Run the Test Tray 1 Width Sensors.
3. If the test fails replace the front door.
4. Replace the I/O board.
2. Check for an obstruction or damage in the process gearbox.
3. Ensure the gears are correctly aligned and homed. If faulty replace the process gearbox
4. Run the Tilt Axis Drive test to test the headtilt.
5. Run the Head Maintenance Wiper Clutch test. If the test fails, replace the wiper drive clutch.
6. Run the Wiper Axis Drive test.
7. Replace the exit assembly.
2. Verify the lock arms rotate correctly.
3. Check for spilled ink around the printhead.
4. Check the process motor gears for damage. Ensure the process gears are correctly aligned and homed.
5. Verify the process gear box, process shaft, and drive module shaft are at home position.
6. Verify the headtilt gear will engage, see the home positioning procedure on page. You can manually engage the headtilt gear.
7. Run the Tilt Axis Drive test.
8. Run the Process Motor test.
9. Run the Head Maintenance Clutch test, if the test fails replace the clutch.
10.Run Wiper Drive test. If this fails inspect the wiper drive system.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2014 | Xerox Corporation Xerox ColorQube 8570DT...
The printhead is stuck in the tilted position or is not able to tilt forward to the print position, due to problems:
Has ink spilled ink around the printhead that prevents it from moving to its center position? You should be able to push the printhead right to left. Clean the printhead area. Is the printhead stuck to the Wiper Blade? Check the process drive gears for obstructions. Ensure the gears are correctly aligned and homed. Has ink spilled on the Head Tilt gear drive train? Clean the gears area of ink.
Apr 23, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8560DN Printer
Jan 09, 2014 | Xerox Phaser Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 20, 2013 | Xerox Phaser 8560DN Printer
Aug 13, 2012 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 02, 2012 | Xerox 8860dn Phaser All-In-One Thermal...
Jan 05, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jun 30, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400N Thermal Printer
Jan 15, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8560DN Laser Printer
Jun 03, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jun 04, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: