Question about Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

2 Answers

Phone got wet

Fell in the sink for a split second. Fine for the first few minutes, then displayed a window that said it wouldn't charge (or something). I plugged it into a charger and it displayed a strange window: white with a bar running through the middle with an exclamation point in a circle. An hour later when I unplugged it, it looked like it was booting up, but then shut down because of zero battery charge.

Is it toast?

Thanks!

Posted by Louvox on

Ad

2 Answers

Anonymous

Yes, try drying out your phone by taking the phone apart, especially under the keyboard pad.

Posted on Nov 10, 2007

Ad

Anonymous

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 31 Answers

I would definately let it dry out fully. Take the battery out and take it apart as much as you can and place in front of a fan (probably overnight). If there was water in the phone when you plugged it in it could permanently damage the phone. Even though the outside is dry, there could still be some water inside. I once had a remote control in a swimming pool overnight and followed these instructions and it worked fine after a couple days of drying. Hope this helps!

Posted on Nov 06, 2007

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

My phone fell.in the sink

It might work again if you're able to open up anything that you can open up... and allow to sit in a warm, dry place for a few hours. If you're able, it might help in drying to remove the battery. As you're trying to dry it out, you might want to turn it so that the keys are down. Maybe some moisture will drop out of it. It's an "iffy" deal. Might work... or might not...
0helpful
2answers

Htc amaze 4g (telus) My phone died after using it to take pictures on a mountain. After the phone died i tried charging it the orange led light would turn on for a few seconds then turn off. A few days...

This isdue might caused by a faulty battery or charger.

Try using another charger and see if problem exist. If not, try replacing your phone's battery.
1helpful
1answer

My iPhone 4 is a few months old and last night it suddenly stopped charging. Of course i didn't realize it until my phone died during the day today and i tried plugging it in and wouldn't ch

The charge adapter maybe faulty.
If your cell phone is a few months old, then it would be still under warranty. Take it back to the place where you purchased it and have it repaired or replaced under warranty.
0helpful
1answer

When My phone is on then 1sec leter phone swich off

A battery function requiring power charge. Provide the phone a full system charge about 45 minutes should store original phone capacity to handly entire functionality pass the power on a few seconds display mode. check on the phone saver or background display and lightening settings. Power saver features could cause the phone to power to sleep mode when not in use. an extensive setting of power saver screen display only a few second soon after the phone is powered on could be distracting to user experince, especially when least recogision of the phone is made by owner
2helpful
1answer

So what happened was that i was walking outside and my phone came out of my sweeter on to the floorbut the ground wasnt dirty or wet. (the phone had already fell once that day) i picked it up and looked at...

take it apart and check your flex cable connection, see you tube video for taking your phone apart, easy fix if you have a small screwdriver. Takes about 15 minutes.
0helpful
1answer

Use genuine battery

keep your phone on the heater for a few days .I had the same problem with my e65 but worse.it was in the washing machine and i found the phone soaking wet.so straight away i got a dry towel and wiped it and left it for a few days.3 days later it was working fine.

so why don't you try it ,it worked for me so hopefully it works for you
0helpful
2answers

Sidekick 2008 got wet

I dropped a phone in the toilet once, a T-mobile phone. it took a couple of days for it to dry out completely. Then I snapped it back together, and it was fine. Being that yours just got wet, and not immersed is different though, so you may want to take it into T-mobile and see if they can check it out for you because then you will know for sure what is going on. Good luck.
0helpful
3answers

Wet celphone

not really. It is time to get a replacement.
Not finding what you are looking for?
Motorola Mobility RAZR V3 Logo

159 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Motorola Mobility Cell Phones Experts

Relax
Relax

Level 3 Expert

34297 Answers

Thejus Mt
Thejus Mt

Level 1 Expert

30 Answers

Lawrence Oravetz

Level 3 Expert

10548 Answers

Are you a Motorola Mobility Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...