Question about Toshiba REGZA 42WLG66 42 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Posted by Anonymous on
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
Posted on Mar 29, 2012
Did you fix this problem? I have exactly the same model with exactly the same problem. I've checked the capacitors on the PSU board (as suggested in one of the responses above) and they all seem OK. If you fixed the problem, I'ld really like to know the solution. Many thanks.
Posted on Nov 25, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2014 | Softheat Heating Pad HP218 12 3P
Jan 25, 2013 | Emerson Lc320em1f TV
Jan 21, 2013 | LG 47ld450 47-inch 1080p 60 Hz Lcd Hdtv
Nov 20, 2012 | Kodak EasyShare CX7300 Digital Camera
Sep 02, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-60XS955 60" Rear...
Aug 07, 2009 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Mar 08, 2009 | Panasonic PT-40LC12 40" Rear Projection...
Mar 15, 2017 | Televison & Video
Dec 04, 2007 | Zebra TLP 2824 Printer
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: