The nachine does not fill when put on any of the wash cycles, but it does on the rinse cycle. I think the drain pump is kicking in and deactivating tha circulation pump, as if it thinks it is about to overflow. Does anyone know if there iss a trip switch or float mechanism anywhere that may be stuck or can be re-set?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Dishwasher not filling
There is a new part that replaces the Overfill Pressure Switch part number 8058474. It is now part number 8071024 available from ASKO part sellers. The hose inlet on the new part has what looks like a blockage. It actually "dampens" the effect of the pressure sent through the small hose attached. The old part does not have this "damper" This pressure switch works in conjunction with the flood protection switch in the bottom pan of the dishwasher.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be several reasons:
- Selected the "Night cycle" program (means standing with the drum full of water, reason: too much noise in the spin cycle)
- Set to the "Rinse hold" (means standing with the drum full of water, reason: wrinkles on the clothes)
According to your description I think that this is not a failure otherwise error E20 will be appears on display.
Once the washing programme has come to an end, END illuminates on the programme progress display.
If RINSE HOLD was selected, the display beside the START/ PAUSE button flashes. 1. After a rinse hold, the water must first be pumped out:
- Either press the START/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out and the washing is spun according to the completed programme;
After the START/PAUSE button is pressed again, the spin speed can still also be changed during spinning), or
- Turn the programme selector to PUMP OUT and press the START/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out without spinning),or
- Turn the programme selector to SPIN or SHORT SPIN and press theSTART/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out and the washing is spun or gently spun).
At the end of this programme step, the END indicator will illuminate. 2. Open the door.
As soon as the DOOR indicator lights up green, the door can be opened.
Rinse cycles are usually with cold water. If it cant fill with cold water, it wont go through the rinse cycle. Make sure it fills with cold on a normal wash. You may find its filling with hot only. Alternatively, the machine may not be pumping out properly, this will cause a similar fault. Check to see the machine is draining at the end of the wash. check the pump and the filters for blockages or lint etc clogging the hoses or pump.
The typical cycle is; fills to selected water level agitates wash cycle drains wash water spins wash cycle fills to selected water level on rinse cycle agitates on rinse cycle drains rinse water spins final time end of cycle