Question about Dirt Devil Easy Lite Quick Vacuum
Posted by Anonymous on
Hello! The Easy Lite does not have a reset button. It does have a thermal protector that will automatically shut the vacuum down if it is overheated. This is usually caused by either a clog or a dirty filter or a combination of the two. Try these trouble shooting steps below.
1. Remove the hose completely from the vacuum from both ends.
2. Use a broom stick or something similar to gently loosen and remove any clogs from the hose.
3. Remove the dirt cup. Remove the red air director by turning 1/4 turn counter clockwise. Remove any hair or debris from the air director.
4. Remove the filter from vacuum base. Hold filter under running water to rinse. Allow 24 hours to air dry.
When the thermal protector is activated the vacuum must cool down before it will power back on. This can take up to an hour. Hope this helps! If you still have questions feel free to reach out to us here on Fixya, Facebook.com/dirtdevil or Twitter @DirtDevil.
Posted on Oct 23, 2014
can you turn the brush by hand? if it turns real freely the belt is broke or the brush siezed up make sure there isn't any carpet strans wrapped around the ends of the brush otherwise the brush won't turn.if its the belt make sure you clean the motor shaft before you put on the new belt,the old rubber from the old belt will make the new belt run unevevly and break again..good luck
Posted on Apr 08, 2009
Is the suction tubing in the head assembly clogged, is the belt broke? If the if the belt looks good the brush may be turned off and you may need to turn the brush switch on.
Posted on May 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1. Power cord not firmly plugged into
1. Plug unit in firmly.
2. Blown fuse or tripped breaker. 2. Check fuse or breaker in home. Replace fuse/
3. Needs service. 3. Take to service center or call 1-800-321-1134.
4. Thermal Protector activated.
4. Unplug cleaner. Allow to cool for 30 minutes
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: